Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #21  
I do understand the concept of left and right are determined by standing behind the tractor and looking forward. I used tghe centerline orientation in my post because there was discussion of the blower rotating in the wrong direction if a push blower was simply rotated 180 degrees. There has already been more energy dedicated to this than it warrants.

1642371966303.png
1642371966303.png

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower
The PTO is turning clockwise when viewed from behind the tractor, facing the fan, (ie, the direction the fan is being fed from) it is also turning clockwise . However when you attach the tractor to the opposite side of the fan and stand behind the tractor, looking at the fan (direction of feed), the fan will be spinning in the opposite direction. To visualize this, take a pen and hold the middle of it with one hand and turn the end closest to you in a clockwise direction and note what direction the cap is turning. Now without letting go of the middle of the pen, grab the other end and turn it clockwise, as viewed from that end of the pen. You will see that the pen (shaft) is turning in the opposite direction.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #23  
Well the first time watching it I thought the tractor wheels were spinning because of the deep snow but after watching it again I see I was wrong.
Yes blowing in reverse is a pain in the neck, it would probably be a little easier if my tractor had a swivel seat but that’s over $500+ and so far I haven’t talked myself self into buying one.
It's only money 😁 😂 maybe you can make your self a swivel seat??? Worth a try

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #25  
It's only money 😁 😂 maybe you can make your self a swivel seat??? Worth a try
I’m mostly worried if there’s actually enough room in the cab for a swivel seat to work, might try asking my dealer if he knows of any tractors like mine in the area with a swivel seat that I could go look at.
I have operated several tractors with swivel seats and they all worked great but the cabs were much more roomy than mine.

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #26  
I’m mostly worried if there’s actually enough room in the cab for a swivel seat to work, might try asking my dealer if he knows of any tractors like mine in the area with a swivel seat that I could go look at.
I have operated several tractors with swivel seats and they all worked great but the cabs were much more roomy than mine.
The new cat dozers do not have a swivel seat in them but they have a permanently angled seat so they can look forward and backwards it's like it's almost sitting sideways in the cab check it out that may be an option for you good luck

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #27  
The new cat dozers do not have a swivel seat in them but they have a permanently angled seat so they can look forward and backwards it's like it's almost sitting sideways in the cab check it out that may be an option for you good luck
That’s interesting and I definitely will attempt to check them out.
In my experience I usually kept the seat turned about 45 degrees pretty much full time, some other drivers preferred to turn the seat straight when the angle wasn’t needed.

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #29  
So, no regrets on buying an inverted?

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #30  
So, no regrets on buying an inverted?
No never, I came from Norway where we've used them since the 60's. I was moreover miffed how apparently hard they were to get here in North America. And the people telling me "You cannot drive over the snow before snowblowing" 🤪