Cowboy boot care

/ Cowboy boot care
I took a pair of Tony Lama's to be resolved today. They tried to get me to go with half soles, but I insisted on Full soles and heels. I detest the looks of a cobbled up sole when I am sitting across the room from someone wearing a pair of boots.
Does half soles bother anyone else?
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care
Speaking of resoles, anyone had them done lately?
Price here went thru the roof! Cost $213 and I had to prepaid them!
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care #63  
Speaking of resoles, anyone had them done lately?
Price here went thru the roof! Cost $213 and I had to prepaid them!
David from jax
It's getting harder and harder to find a good cobbler. There just aren't that many people getting shoes repaired or re-soled anymore, because so few buy shoes worth repairing.

/ Cowboy boot care #65  
I took a pair of Tony Lama's to be resolved today. They tried to get me to go with half soles, but I insisted on Full soles and heels. I detest the looks of a cobbled up sole when I am sitting across the room from someone wearing a pair of boots.
Does half soles bother anyone else?
David from jax

If Half Soles are done correctly it's almost impossible to tell from across a room. And if you can tell some would say you are looking too long and too closely.

I have an old pair of Lucchese lizard skin that I went through the original and two factory half soles and then put rubber work soles on them and still wear them. The uppers are now worn out but they fit well.

/ Cowboy boot care
It's getting harder and harder to find a good cobbler. There just aren't that many people getting shoes repaired or re-soled anymore, because so few buy shoes worth repairing.
And apparently the cost of getting them re-soled has also gone up!
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care #67  
I was wondering what y'all used to keep your cowboy boots from falling over? I was hanging mine but that is causing friction with my Bride who needs more closet space.
Anyone got anything that works good for keeping them from falling over while sitting?
David from jax
Keep your Boots ON.

/ Cowboy boot care #69  
I was wondering what y'all used to keep your cowboy boots from falling over? I was hanging mine but that is causing friction with my Bride who needs more closet space.
Anyone got anything that works good for keeping them from falling over while sitting?
David from jax
pool noodles, rolled up magazines

/ Cowboy boot care
pool noodles, rolled up magazines
I pulled a pool noodle out from under a couch where someone stuck it, and it worked, but Walmart and Target don't have any for sale in stores.
We picked up some Flexible cutting mats and the work great! Just curl them up, slide them to the bottom of the boot and give the sides a little tug upwards and they stand up great!!
David from jax