Cowpoke Coffee

/ Cowpoke Coffee #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
This is how my Grandmother used to make coffee. Most times she used Folgers, sometimes MJB. I do not know how she packed as much ground coffee in those big commercial percolators, but she did! They drank this round the clock; my Grandfather would stay up all night drinking coffee and talking on HAM radio. I snipped the recipe from my family recipe file.

Cowpoke Coffee

1 Extra-Large commercial size canister Folgers coffee

Fill large 20-24 cup percolator with water. In coffee basket, add as much Folgers coffee as the basket will hold. Then add a little more. Allow coffee to percolate and stay hot for hours

Pour cup of coffee. Stir with metal spoon; if spoon does not melt or soften, you did not use enough coffee.

- My memories of Grandma and Grandpa, was they could drink this stuff 24 hours a day. This stuff makes Starbucks French roast look like plain water Straight espresso is wimpy in comparison May be good for removing paint, ect

From the kitchen of Anna. This is Grandma痴 classic recipe

/ Cowpoke Coffee #2  
You could run your tractor on that mix:D

/ Cowpoke Coffee #3  
They HAD to stay awake back when riding horses. Just think what all you could break by falling asleep and falling off your horse. :thumbsdown:

/ Cowpoke Coffee #5  
This is how my Grandmother used to make coffee. Most times she used Folgers, sometimes MJB. I do not know how she packed as much ground coffee in those big commercial percolators, but she did! They drank this round the clock; my Grandfather would stay up all night drinking coffee and talking on HAM radio. I snipped the recipe from my family recipe file.

Cowpoke Coffee

1 Extra-Large commercial size canister Folgers coffee

Fill large 20-24 cup percolator with water. In coffee basket, add as much Folgers coffee as the basket will hold. Then add a little more. Allow coffee to percolate and stay hot for hours

Pour cup of coffee. Stir with metal spoon; if spoon does not melt or soften, you did not use enough coffee.

- My memories of Grandma and Grandpa, was they could drink this stuff 24 hours a day. This stuff makes Starbucks French roast look like plain water Straight espresso is wimpy in comparison May be good for removing paint, ect

From the kitchen of Anna. This is Grandma痴 classic recipe

We used to call that Norwegian espresso.

/ Cowpoke Coffee #6  
   / Cowpoke Coffee #7  
:eek: That would almost take chrome off trailer ball.
Older loggers around here would put needles from hemlock tree make coffee little more bitter.

/ Cowpoke Coffee #8  
I like my coffee like I like my women:

Really hot and all over my crotch while I'm driving. :)

/ Cowpoke Coffee #9  
Had a paper cup collapse when I was driving and I did not enjoy it.
That recipe almost sounds like chemical warfare, I shudder just thinking about it, tearing the hair off your chest from the inside.