Coyotes at the Back Door

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Earlier today I saw two coyotes trotting through the yard. One had mange so bad he/she hardly had any hair remaining. An hour or so later I saw that they had found their way to the back door and left their tracks in the snow on the back walk.

Google "coyote mange" if you don't mind seeing wildlife in pitiful condition. How they survive winter conditions is beyond me. It will be near 0 - F the next couple of nights.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 289
   / Coyotes at the Back Door #2  
A few weeks after we built our house I got a call at work from my wife who said while she was eating breakfast, a coyote came and sat on the deck and watched her eat. She was inside. It stayed there for 10 minutes or more, was less than 15 ft. from her.

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #3  
Earlier today I saw two coyotes trotting through the yard. One had mange so bad he/she hardly had any hair remaining. An hour or so later I saw that they had found their way to the back door and left their tracks in the snow on the back walk.

Google "coyote mange" if you don't mind seeing wildlife in pitiful condition. How they survive winter conditions is beyond me. It will be near 0 - F the next couple of nights.

I'll bet it won't survive much longer. The fact that both dogs visited your back door (in broad daylight?) gives an indication of how desperate they are.

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #5  
I'll bet it won't survive much longer. The fact that both dogs visited your back door (in broad daylight?) gives an indication of how desperate they are.

Desperate and potentially sick carnivores that have no fear of humans... anybody else see a problem here?

Time to put out a trap, load the shotgun or call animal control -- depending on your area.

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #6  
Desperate and potentially sick carnivores that have no fear of humans... anybody else see a problem here?

Time to put out a trap, load the shotgun or call animal control -- depending on your area.

X2

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #7  
I have two suggestions for you; bait & shoot, :thumbsup:. KC :D :D :D

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #8  
I was out splitting wood last weekend to keep the woodstove going as it has been record cold here breaking all previous known historical records. At 10AM in the morning as I had been working for about two hours I saw some motion around the barn and grabbed my rifle leaning up against a nearby tree, shot this 'yote in good flesh at 198 yards through the heart. This is the second one I have shot in two weeks in broad daylight and I was not calling them or anything...

Wood%20Splitter2.jpg

Coyote5c.jpg

Coyoyr5b.jpg

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #9  
Nice job, is that rifle a Sig?

-Rob

/ Coyotes at the Back Door #10  
Yes, that is a SIG 556 that took out the coyote. Here is the other one I got last week.

Coyote%20SuperPerformance.jpg