Crab Steering

/ Crab Steering #1  

dsb5610

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4720 Cab
Does anyone else crab steer their Toolcat? I find I use it a lot mowing. Don't see anything in the manual about it. I wish it had a designated button for selecting that mode. Also wish it had an option to select rear-wheel only steer.

dsb

/ Crab Steering
Does anyone else crab steer their Toolcat? I find I use it a lot mowing. Don't see anything in the manual about it. I wish it had a designated button for selecting that mode. Also wish it had an option to select rear-wheel only steer.

dsb

/ Crab Steering #3  
You accomplish this by purposefully, manually, getting the front and rear wheels out of allignment so that the TC crabs? I've done that by accident but never on purpose! How do you find this helpful mowing? I love mowing in (alligned) four wheel steering mode, however, because it makes the front near finish mower extremely maneuverable. I find I'm mowing a lot more with ToolCat that I imagined I would be.

/ Crab Steering #4  
You accomplish this by purposefully, manually, getting the front and rear wheels out of allignment so that the TC crabs? I've done that by accident but never on purpose! How do you find this helpful mowing? I love mowing in (alligned) four wheel steering mode, however, because it makes the front near finish mower extremely maneuverable. I find I'm mowing a lot more with ToolCat that I imagined I would be.

/ Crab Steering
I can't get close enough to some of the buildings if I don't grab steer due to overhangs or the ground being slightly sloping towards the building. There is only 6" of overhang with the 72" mower which does not provide enough clearance. Once I started using it along the buildings I tried it along the fence lines and can mow under trees that I was steering around before.

The Bobcat dealer is trying to locate a 90" mower for me to look at. They do not have one on hand to demo or rent. I think that would provide enough clearance that I would not need to crab steer. Hoping that one would also keep the Toolcat tracking on the mowed are area while turning.

dsb

/ Crab Steering
I can't get close enough to some of the buildings if I don't grab steer due to overhangs or the ground being slightly sloping towards the building. There is only 6" of overhang with the 72" mower which does not provide enough clearance. Once I started using it along the buildings I tried it along the fence lines and can mow under trees that I was steering around before.

The Bobcat dealer is trying to locate a 90" mower for me to look at. They do not have one on hand to demo or rent. I think that would provide enough clearance that I would not need to crab steer. Hoping that one would also keep the Toolcat tracking on the mowed are area while turning.

dsb