Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question

/ Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question #51  
Personally I do not rent out or let people borrow anything I own (except for one or two trusted individuals) .... Specially my tools and vehicles..... There was a time at work I carried a tool box (company provided) and when another employee borrowed a tool at end of day I always had to go to where person last worked and recover tool and put it back into tool box in case I needed it.... Lesson learned.... My dad always professes that if you borrow something, and you break it or loose it you replaced it, or at least you returned it in good/clean condition in timely manner.... Sadly most people don't really care about tool once they get their "work" done tool is of no matter to them.... And no I wont ask to borrow anything from you...

Last edited:
   / Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question #52  
Personally I do not rent out or let people borrow anything I own (except for one or two trusteed individuals) .... Specially my tools and vehicles..... There was a time at work I carried a tool box (company provided) and when another employee borrowed a tool at end of day I always had to go to where person last worked and recover tool and put it back into tool box in case I needed it.... Lesson learned.... My dad always professes that if you borrow something, and you break it or loose it you replaced it, or at least you returned it in good/clean condition in timely manner.... Sadly most people don't really care about tool once they get their "work" done tool is of no matter to them.... And no I wont ask to borrow anything from you...
My Dad always told me that if you borrow something, always return it in as good or better condition than when you borrowed it. There are very few people that I will lend tools or other stuff to, but those few are people I would not hesitate to lend anything to. They have earned that trust.

Last edited:
   / Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question #53  
I have always thought that if you could stop working to borrow a tool, you could stop working to return it.

Evidently, I am the only one around here that thinks this so I also quit loaning tools out.

/ Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question #54  
Personally I do not rent out or let people borrow anything I own (except for one or two trusted individuals) .... Specially my tools and vehicles..... There was a time at work I carried a tool box (company provided) and when another employee borrowed a tool at end of day I always had to go to where person last worked and recover tool and put it back into tool box in case I needed it.... Lesson learned.... My dad always professes that if you borrow something, and you break it or loose it you replaced it, or at least you returned it in good/clean condition in timely manner.... Sadly most people don't really care about tool once they get their "work" done tool is of no matter to them.... And no I wont ask to borrow anything from you...
There are people who seem to live at random. -- To me that is an anti survival mechanism. So, serious question: why are there so many?

/ Craftsman/Kobalt/Tekton/Pittsburg Sockets/Wrenches -- General Thoughts/Question #55  
i will loan certain tools to certain people. There is a kid at work, who I will always loan a chain saw to, I lent him an old beater saw last year. I ran, but needed a tune up and sharpening, and i told him that before I lent it to him. I came back with a new chain, sharpened correctly and fully tuned up. He likes working on them. And, is **** about them being right. So he can borrow one anytime he wants. Most folks, no way. the saw will come back with the bar bent and the chain dull.

I have a buddy who I will loan any tool to. He replaces the consumables, and takes good care of his own tools, I just own a few he doesn’t. And, he will loan me things he has that I don’t.

My brothers on the other hand….. The older brother is mechanically sterile. Grandad once said, “Give that boy a 200-lb anvil, and a chicken feather, and some how he will figure out how to break the anvil.” The younger one borrowed my power plane to trim some doors at Mom’s house after Dad died. After three years I gave up hope of getting it back and bought a new one. Wrapped up the case for the one he “borrowed”, and gave it to him for Christmas. The look on his face was priceless.