Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too?

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #1  

Tororider

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310
I listed a utility trailer and a water tank that fits in the back of a pickup on Craigslist. When listing things in the past every once and awhile I would get the obvious scam i.e. give me this information and I will have someone pick up the item and send you a cancelled check after you send me one, type of thing. Well I have noticed with these last two postings by me that they have gotten worse. Not only do I get those kind of emails but now you get the ones with the title of the email regarding your item, and then asking if the economy is hurting you and giving you a link to some kind of sell on google type thing. Only seem to be coming from gmail accounts. Just wondering if it is only me.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #2  
I get those all the time on craigslist too, someone will send a very vuage email about the economy or ask if I need help finding a job. I just ignore it.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #3  
Yeah, I got one that was on Craigslist. The email went "I'm interested in buying the item on Craigslist-I deleted it after that.:D

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #4  
Same here , I,ve been getting the ones that ask if i need money or a job & even one that said I was nuts for selling something to cheap , That was a new one on Me .

But yes it seems worse latelly . I Get them from other then gmail accounts though & Use gmail myself so I,m not sure that has anything to do with it .

What gets me even worse are the ones that want stuff for free , Like Hottubs, Video games, cellphones & vehicles , & things most folks cant really afford . Which makes it bad on the ones that really need something & willing to pay what they can afford or do some kind of work for the items. Bob

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #5  
I've had the bogus offers too. I've really had no luck on CraigsList, never successfully bought or sold anything that way. Never get valid responses on the few things I've listed and never can get ahold of or get straight answers on stuff I've wanted to buy. We have a local "pay when you sell paper" that seems to work better for me.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #6  
WOW!! I sell a lot of farm products on Criags List, and have never had a problem or any of those e-mails. Maybe I've just been lucky, or maybe it's more common in certain regions.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too?
I obviously have just been deleting them but I was wondering if others were noticing them getting worse like I was. I am sure it is a sign of the economic times.

I have bought and sold numerous items on Craigslist and never had any problems with people, aside from one no show, but I figure that is a decent rate.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #8  
I've had a few like that as well, I (if I'm posting to sell) always put a disclaimer that says something to the fact that I know all about the scams and BS e-mails and that I will not respond to them only forward them on to the government watchdogs for wire/mail fraud, and reply to the "Gmail/HOTMAIL" people to have your account deleted... ) This seems to stop MOST of the un-wanted un-solicited BS that comes around.

I have had good luck buying stuff from there but not so much luck selling. Though I usually only try & sell things that I have already setting out by the road which seems to react faster than a post on most days...

Mark

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #9  
I'm glad it's not just me getting the spam e-mails.

It started off when I posted a add in services for bushhogging, and I never got any real responses, just e-mails that say "hey are you laid off", or "hey do you need money". If you respond, the reply is instant and it always says "hey check out this artical I found in New York Times........."

Now as of lately I have been getting spam in the for sale section as well. E-mail always says-"Hey I'm interested can I have your Phone number" which is bogus because I put my number in the add. Or ocasionally I get the one about sending me a money order and having someone pick it up.

They are all comming from gmail accounts, and maybe 1 in 10 e-mails from anything I post on c-list is legit.

What gets me is why they dont understand the meaning of "It is not okay to contact this seller with other commercial intrests"

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #10  
LD1 , I,m a Moderator on another forum & These days most of these Spam adds & responses are just Automated Bots Created in a special software that allows the scammers a way to Respond to Multiple ads all over the place . :eek:

It Gets Really Iritating I know. But no way to crack it as of now that I,m aware of . Bob