CRAMMING

/ CRAMMING #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
Just found out that my 91 year old mom was crammed. She had unlimited long distance and a company called her and got her confused and she said yes but I don't understand what you are talking about. So now this company bills her for each long distance call. My wife called and they told her we were not good children because we did not have her on the do not call list. Would say more but right now i have said enough. Just watch out for your old family members. They are out there. Mom is in assisted living and I did not set up her phone for her.

/ CRAMMING #2  
Lots of predators out there. Not all scam artists are "Nigerian Princes" looking to move money to your bank account. A lot are "legitimate" businesses (whose names we would recognize) who use questionable (to be kind) practices.

/ CRAMMING
If I am right these people are real crooks, told my wife we were not good children because we did not have my mom on the do not call list. Played games the whole way. said he needed moms ok to talk to us and called mom on a three way call with my wife and hung up on mom and said she did not answer. My wife made him call back and then he started talking is circles to confuse her again. My wife butted in and talked to mom and got her to say we could talk to them for her. These people NEED jail time, and heavy fines. We are going to push it as much as we can. We already talked to the FCC and will talk to the Attorney General of Va. on Monday morning. We looked online and the list of people with problems is LONG. Ed

Last edited:
   / CRAMMING #4  
Way too common. I'm in the same boat with my mom and I control her money. People calling and sending her videos, supposed charities asking for money etc. She is on the do-not-call list but they still call. Sad how they prey on the elderly.

/ CRAMMING
Way too common. I'm in the same boat with my mom and I control her money. People calling and sending her videos, supposed charities asking for money etc. She is on the do-not-call list but they still call. Sad how they prey on the elderly.

My mom has done well until this, hope she lets us handle those things now. hope all goes well with your mom. Ed

/ CRAMMING #6  
My only phone, out here, is my cell phone and being so very remote I sometimes can get a signal strong enough to make a call. I went on the "do not call" list about eight years ago but I use a "plan" that is even better.

I try to remember to turn the cell phone on every evening and see if anybody has left a message - then I decide if I want to call them back. Works for me.

/ CRAMMING
My only phone, out here, is my cell phone and being so very remote I sometimes can get a signal strong enough to make a call. I went on the "do not call" list about eight years ago but I use a "plan" that is even better.

I try to remember to turn the cell phone on every evening and see if anybody has left a message - then I decide if I want to call them back. Works for me.
That is fine for someone who has things to do but I would be willing to bet that if you could not use the computer and your life was sitting in a house all day with a few old fokes some don't even know where they are your phone would be VERY INPORTANT to you. My mom needs to feel as conected to the outside world as she can Ed

/ CRAMMING #8  
Ed,
You are correct. Since my location makes cell phone service so cr*ppy - the computer IS my primary source of communication. I would use the cell phone a lot more if it didn't fade out every time I tried to make a call.

Its a bit irritating that the only thing the cell phone does really well is allow me to recharge it once a month.

/ CRAMMING #9  
Not user I understand what happened to your mom.
If she was changed to another Long Distance carrier, that's called SLAMMING. If this happened she should be able to just change back.
CRAMMING is when they add other items to your bill.

In either case, it shouldn't happen.

/ CRAMMING #10  
That is fine for someone who has things to do but I would be willing to bet that if you could not use the computer and your life was sitting in a house all day with a few old fokes some don't even know where they are your phone would be VERY INPORTANT to you. My mom needs to feel as conected to the outside world as she can Ed

So true. My mom hasn't driven since her stroke last fall. Now she is really itching to drive but her license ran out in May and her car needs a motor. I'm not in a hurry for her to get behind the wheel. Thanks for the good thoughts for her.