Crazy weather?!

/ Crazy weather?! #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
As I sit here and type this....at the end of January.....11:25 PM....it is 56 degrees outside, and raining cats and dogs. A week ago I was plowing 7 inches of snow, and sledding with the kids. The next day, it was 60 degrees and all the snow melted. :confused:
We are now under a flood watch. I have never seen so much rain in 1 year's time as in NE Ohio this past year.....

Any other observations?

/ Crazy weather?! #2  
Around our area lck of snow,we had more snow in October than the Dec & Jan combine.

Sugaring season not that far off,if no snow the wise ones say going to be tough short season.

/ Crazy weather?! #3  
We haven't even had snow flurries this year. Last year we had 6 inches of snow at one time before Thanksgiving. It is currently 64 degrees and raining. It has rained 4 out of the last 6 days. During the summer, the creek was completely dry. That was the first time it ran completely dry in 15 years that I am aware of. 4 days ago the temperature was 28 degrees.

/ Crazy weather?! #4  
We haven't had the rain up here in the Northern Mitten. But, while visiting our son a couple weeks back, he mentioned that for the south east counties of Michigan 2011 was their wettest year in history.

Since those counties are parallel to you, I suspect the same holds true.

/ Crazy weather?! #5  
I've only had 2 or 3 weekend days when the ground was frozen hard enough for me to go into the woods without making deep ruts and due to family obligations, I haven't been able to do very much on those few days. Aaaaaaargh! So much downed wood out there from our Aug & Oct storms calling me to come get it. Hope we don't get burried in snow, come February, or washed away this Spring.

/ Crazy weather?! #6  
As I sit here and type this....at the end of January.....11:25 PM....it is 56 degrees outside, and raining cats and dogs. A week ago I was plowing 7 inches of snow, and sledding with the kids. The next day, it was 60 degrees and all the snow melted. :confused:
We are now under a flood watch. I have never seen so much rain in 1 year's time as in NE Ohio this past year.....

Any other observations?

I think we are in the same general area so I know what you are talking about.
It is getting kind of tedious with all the rain. I read that last year was the wettest on record for this area and it looks like 2012 wants to top it :(. My yard is so wet I hate to ride the atv due to the tracks it makes. The tractor is out of the question - it would sink to the axles. I've got trees in my woods that are in danger of flopping over due to saturated soil. Maybe this Spring will bring some relief - I hope.