Crossbars

/ Crossbars #1  

alan40

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH1720, .
Went out looking for a crossbar for my NH 1720. Now I'm not tractor expert and that's why I'm posting here. I asked the sales people at two stores about crossbars and no one had any answers. I found a Cat 11 32 inch crossbar at C&T for $32.00. My questions are do they come in different lengths and if so why? What about the pin hole diameters can they be different also? Maybe 32 inch's is a universal size!!!
The reason for purchasing a crossbar is so I can offset a roller behind the tractor and hook up a light trailer/wagon. Of course I haven't found a wagon yet or researched out how to build one. But that's a later post/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Thanks and have a great day,
Al

/ Crossbars #2  
Alan,
Any farm supply store should be able to get you one. They come in all different sizes so you should be able to find the right one. In the midwest Farm & Fleet, Theisen's, Blain's farm stores all have them. If you don't have any of those I'm pretty sure that Tractor Supply has them too and they are an internet company as well as physical stores. Just do a search for them and you will find them. They come in different lengths because depending on your tractor or your use you may need a different size.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Crossbars #3  
Ask for a Cat I - Drawbar{26"}... usually under $20. most farm supply like Dr. Rich has indicated.

Never heard the term Crossbar[/b]

DBARDWG.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Crossbars #4  
John, I agree; hadn't heard it called a "crossbar", but it does seem to me that it needs another name since you have the "drawbar" sticking straight out the back of the tractor between the lower links and then you have the "drawbar" that fits across between the lower links. One of them needs a new name./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Crossbars
Thanks for the inputs and your right I had
the wrong terminology. Told you my tractor
experiance /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif is limited but growing
every day.Had a great find tonight. Never new
my Dad had a trailer to haul wood with until
I found it in the back yard tonight. The
wood had rotted but everything else is in
running order. Should have it built up by
next weekend./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Talk about a great
birthday present!!!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Maybe next year it will be a york rake I'll find
back there!!
Never hurts to dream!!!
Take care and thanks,
Al

/ Crossbars #6  
I thought the one sticking straight out was called a "Swinging Drawbar" and the other that goes between the links was a regular drawbar. Either way, I agree a better name would make it a lot easy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Executive Ex-Yuppie Tractor Owner
<font color=orange>[Advertise your business here]</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by DaveNH on 05/05/01 11:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Crossbars #7  
<font color=blue>one sticking straight out was called a "Swinging Drawbar"</font color=blue>

Dave, some tractors (usually bigger ones I guess, like my neighbor's big old Oliver) actually do have a "swinging drawbar". It's hinged with a pin at the front end and the rear end can swing side to side a considerable distance, or there are pins that can be inserted to hold it in any position you want. I hadn't heard anyone call our fixed drawbars "swingers", but who knows, maybe that's what they're supposed to be called./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Crossbars #8  
Swinging vs. Fixed {Parts Diagrams}

John Deere 5205 Swinging Drawbar
LVP1826.gif

John Deere 4500/4600/4700 Fixed Drawbar
MP19006.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG