crossover-relief? Nope

/ crossover-relief? Nope #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
I lucked into a Kubota rear wheel spacer kit, and some tire chains, being sold by an ex Kubota dealer who still had a small warehouse full of stuff. I asked about a crossover relief valve, to protect my HLA 1000 snow plow's hydraulic cylinder, and the tractor, of course. He came up with a Gresen valve he thought was what I needed. When I researched it, I discovered I had a nice LOA-6-D pilot operated load check valve. I think it would be a bad idea to try to install it, but since I don't really know, maybe someone reading this knows more about them? It might just lock the hydraulics, and really blow the hoses or even the cylinder if the plow hits something. Comments are appreciated. The spacers went on nicely, with the exception of two of the 4 old studs... even with heat, they were a bear to get out.

P1010759.jpgP1010765.jpgP1010762.jpg

/ crossover-relief? Nope #2  
Great find on the spacers and chains. I have no knowledge of the Gresen valve so can't help on that. I bought my Prince crossover relief out of PA for about $80. shipped.

/ crossover-relief? Nope #3  
Pilot operated load check will lock oil in the cylinders, won't open to flow until pressure is sent from the cantrol valve. Cross over relief will open when excess load on the cylinder applies pressure in the cylinder.
You could put that POL in circuit on the boom cylinder and keep loader from drifting if needed and looking for a place to use it.

/ crossover-relief? Nope #4  
I have no idea what that valve should be used for. We sell outrCRV for $100.