CRP & Other Federal Programs

/ CRP & Other Federal Programs #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

We have 15 acres of pasture and the possibility of buying another 15. I've been looking at the Natural Resources Conservation Service web site trying to figure out if there are any federal programs that would help us purchase the other 15 acres or would pay us annually for the 30 acres if we put them into some kind of program.

I've not had much luck understanding what is available. Thought you guys might know something about some of the available programs?

/ CRP & Other Federal Programs #2  
You should have a local office that can help you. I know if the ground has been farmed in the past, is considered highly erodable ground, there is stuff available for you. Just check with your local office, as far as I know, their services are free.

/ CRP & Other Federal Programs #3  
I have done the crp program, and you enroll for a certain time period and their might be planting requirements. ie trees shrubs grasses etc. I did see that the crp program just got a lot of money put back into it so that it will be fully funded. If you do a search in rural living on crp you will see pics of my planting. i also list who i got the supplies from. but your local farm agency dept of ag, are the ones to talk to.