Cruise Control BX2200

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #1  

botalvr

Silver Member
Just put on my cruise control (nice instructions from Kubota by the way - always good to use your prototype parts for your manuals)
And while nothing quite equals the joy of the new lever on my BX, has anyone else noticed that you can't quite set it for the full pedal travel limit?
Meaning that if you press the HST pedal all the way forward to the limit and set the cruise, it backs off just a bit before engaging. I bought the first one they handled at my dealer and I am sure they wouldn't know if there's anything to adjust, or if this is normal. I did make sure that the replacement pedal rod was set the same as the one I took off.
Otherwise it's great - can't wait to mow or I may just use it for those long drives through the country...
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it backs off just a bit before engaging )</font>

I have no idea how a cruise works on the BX models, but the "speed set" devices on both my B7100 and my B2710 would do the same thing; close, but not quite wide open, but I understood why on them.

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #3  
Where are the pictures.... pictures are worth a thousand words. Either start writing or post pictures.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (just joking).... :)

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #4  
<font color="blue"> but the "speed set" devices on both my B7100 and my B2710 would do the same thing; close, but not quite wide open, but I understood why on them. </font>

Bird,
Care to elaborate for those who own one of those units?

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #5  
Do you mind sharing how much the cruise control for your BX2200 cost? The lack of cruise control is one of the few things I have to complain about mine.
Thanks

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #7  
I hadn't tried mine yet at full pedal, but You may be able to adjust the serrated teeth to get it to work the way You want.

Re: Instructions, The picture on the instructions of the teeth are incorrect as they show the teeth turned the wrong direction for it to lock.

It does take 2 to 3 hours to install this kit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I get time I will try to scan the instructions.

/ Cruise Control BX2200
Thanks, mine does lock, so I think the teeth are installed correctly, but I may be wrong.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #9  
Jerry, I don't have pictures anymore and not sure I can adequately describe them without pictures, but on the '95 B7100, the speed set device consisted of a lever below the instrument panel and a cam that held the hydro pedal down. There were two little things that kept it from holding the pedal all the way down; one was that the pivot point for that lever was a friction type arrangement that the factory service rep and I experimented with. The only way we could get it tight enough to not back off slightly was to get it so tight that it took both hands to pull the lever up. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The other thing was that the cam was not quite high enough to hold the pedal all the way down. Now how to describe the B2710. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It was a cam type device under the floor, but with teeth on it instead of just friction, and of course the last tooth that would catch still did not hold the pedal quite all the way down. In other words, in both cases, it was simply a matter of the speed set devices used not holding the pedal firmly all the way down.

/ Cruise Control BX2200 #10  
Here are a couple of pages: They aren't all that clear but maybe somebody can make them out!

Attachments

• 538433-Cruise Control Parts  breakdown (610 x 795).gif
    538433-Cruise Control Parts breakdown (610 x 795).gif
    43.4 KB · Views: 279