Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #1  

planters49

Tractor
Bobcat 122
I need to do the first engine oil change in my CT-122. The manual calls for a wide range of oil. I live in the middle of South Carolina. What oil should I put in it? 15W-40 or 10W-30? Do I need a certain brand of oil for a tractor or will "car oil" work? I've always used Castrol brand in my cars. How important is it to use an actual bobcat brand oil filter (nearest dealer is 1 hour away and only open during work hours during the week)? I can't seem to find an online source for a 6694509 bobcat filter. I was wondering if I could get another brand that I can find local.

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #2  
You should use oil for diesel no matter what oil weight you use. Do you have a Tractor supply or a Rural King store?

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight
Yes, I have a local tractor supply company. What is a good brand?

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #4  
Most people that I know use shell rotella 15w40 for diesel motors. If you use regular car oil it will break down and you will be rebuilding your engine. I use Cenpeco 15W40 Diesel oil I get from a local supplier.

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #5  
The oil is 15W40 Shell rotella t. It should have a rating on it that is used for diesel engines.

Thanks for the help. I'll get some rotella 15w40 and call the bobcat dealer Monday and see if they can mail me a filter.

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #7  
Thanks for the help. I'll get some rotella 15w40 and call the bobcat dealer Monday and see if they can mail me a filter.

When you get that filter take it to a NAPA store and find the equivalent filter from them.

When you get that filter take it to a NAPA store and find the equivalent filter from them.

I may just see if NAPA can cross reference the bobcat oil filter number instead then. That would be a lot easier

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #9  
According to the Wix filter lookup.
Bobcat CT122 uses a Wix #51334 (would be a Napa #1334) oil filter

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #10  
According to the Wix filter lookup.
Bobcat CT122 uses a Wix #51334 (would be a Napa #1334) oil filter

And they will have some oil too. I use Mobil 1 -5w-40 turbo diesel myself.

Last edited: