CT 2025 for 9 acres?

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #1  

TWatkins7

Tractor
Bobcat 2025
I am getting ready to buy my first tractor. I have been to all of the local dealers Kubota, John Deere, & Bobcat, watched every youtube video I can find, read every forum I can find and still questioning myself on if I am buying the right size tractor and right brand. We just bought a small 9.36 acre farm and want a tractor for bush hogging the field, tilling garden, maintaining gravel driveway, moving materials, etc. Is a 24.5 hp tractor the right size for our property? For those of you with a CT 2025 are you happy with your purchase? Have you had any mechanical issues?

I am on a budget and right now with the free loader attachment Bobcat has the best deal going I can find. I also like that the 25 hp or smaller machines don't have the ReGen on them, just seems like something else to cause problems.

Greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give before I write this check.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #2  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on your farm purchase. The Bobcat will probably do your normal maintenance work and projects. With a smaller tractor it will just take longer, for example mowing with a 4' cutter vs a 6' cutter. No matter what size you get you will always find that task it won't do. For bigger tasks rent what you need or hire it out.

Also there is a rule on TBN, no pictures, it didn't happen 😄. Let us know what you end up with.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #3  
I've got ten acres and opted for my Kubota L2501 o stay below the emission stuff and avoid having a computer. I'm sure you'll find 25 horsepower adequate. It will do about anything a a bigger tractor will do, it just may take a bit longer.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #4  
We just bought a 9.36 acre farm.

We want a tractor for bush hogging the field, tilling garden, maintaining gravel driveway, moving materials, etc.

The Bobcat CT2025 is a direct competitor to Kubota's hugely successful L2501.

2,600 pounds bare tractor weight.

100 cubic inch displacement engine.

3-range HST transmission.

Most here feel a tractor with these specs to be ample for five to twelve acres. Likely you will be quite happy at under ten acres.

Twenty-two PTO horsepower will limit mower size to 60" to cut dry grass about 30" tall.

About the most tractor one can buy avoiding Tier IV emissions paraphernalia.

Last edited:
   / CT 2025 for 9 acres?
I've got ten acres and opted for my Kubota L2501 o stay below the emission stuff and avoid having a computer. I'm sure you'll find 25 horsepower adequate. It will do about anything a a bigger tractor will do, it just may take a bit longer.
I appreciate the reply. I looked at the Kubota L2501 as well and I have had good experiences with Kubota products, but though the end of May the Bobcat comes out $7,000 cheaper for the same package. Would you spend the extra $7,000 and go with the Kubota or save the money and go with the Bobcat?

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #6  
Bobcat tractors are produced for Bobcat by Kioti.

Kioti and LS are the leading Korean tractor brands. Both Kioti and LS are well reviewed on T-B-N.

For $7,000 less I would go for the Bobcat/Kioti.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #7  
I appreciate the reply. I looked at the Kubota L2501 as well and I have had good experiences with Kubota products, but though the end of May the Bobcat comes out $7,000 cheaper for the same package. Would you spend the extra $7,000 and go with the Kubota or save the money and go with the Bobcat?
Would go Bobcat.. Made by Kioti so if you have a Kioti dealer around, look at the CK2610 which is 25hp, pretty much exactly the same size frame and lifts ~500lbs more. Not selling, just informing.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #8  
That tractor should do you well.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #9  
I’ve pretty much got the older version of the exact tractor you’re looking at. I maintain about 14 acres. And I feel it’s about the perfect size. Sometimes I wouldn’t mind one slightly larger when I have something really heavy to lift but I suspect that would always be the case no matter how large of a tractor I owned.
it always accomplishes what I need it to. I replaced a smaller tractor with this one And have turned down a good trade for the next size up. Overall I feel it’s about the perfect size tractor for my needs. I’ve been very happy with it and would purchase it again. I think I have somewhere around 600 hours on my machine.

/ CT 2025 for 9 acres? #10  
i have 20 hours on my CT2025 - all happy so far. Great local dealer, and my wife and i simply liked the controls and fit and finish best of all the brands. We test drove everything. Oddly i wasnt too worried about regen - I had planned to get the 2035 but it was much noisier than the 25. Certainly adequate power but you can will find power limits for sure. Very impressed with loader lift capacity moving large trees and lots of dirt/manure. I will be getting a 5' mower next week, and expect that to be the max for the power. On the other hand i used to have a 21hp (17 PTO) old compact and it cut with a 5' fine; as did my 9n.