Oil & Fuel CT-230 UTF Capacity at Change

/ CT-230 UTF Capacity at Change #1  

Hexhead

Tractor
Bobcat CT-230
I'm performing the 400hr service on my CT-230.

After a complete (?) drain of the hydrostat housing using the three drain plugs shown in the manual and changing the filters, I began refilling.

Once I had poured in seven gallons, I started the tractor and actuated the lift arms, ran the bucket up and down a couple times, and moved forward/backward to make sure the everything had been purged and operating correctly.

I then checked the dipstick, and it showed WAY overfull. I let it sit overnight just to make sure that I wasn't getting a false reading, but it's still way over the full mark on the dipstick.

I then decided to measure what came out of the tractor, and found it to be appx. 5.5 gallons.

The manual says the capacity is 8.1 gallons, which I assume is total capacity from new/dry. I'd expect to have a little holdback, but not 2.5 gallons.

My tractor doesn't have a front PTO, and the manual only shows the three plugs to be removed to drain.

I ran the tractor around a bit this morning, and after about ten minutes, it happily started puking fluid out of the dipstick tube, so I'm going to use my suction gun and pull out enough fluid to get it down to the full mark (duh).

So I'm curious, has anyone else found the factory quantity to be way off? Am I just an idiot and missed another drain bolt?

/ CT-230 UTF Capacity at Change #2  
Puzzling. Service manual shows the same 8.1 Gal capacity.

/ CT-230 UTF Capacity at Change
Puzzling indeed.

I have both the user manual and the factory service manual, with both showing the same capacity and the same three drain points.

This will bug the hell out of me. If the refill capacity is indeed 8.1, then I've only diluted the old fluid/contaminated the new fluid.