Ct2025 HST shifting

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #1  

Redleafmaple

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025 HST
I know I've seen others discuss this and it seems very common. But is there a way to make it easier to shift gears? When it won't go into a different gear I usually let the tractor roll a little in neutral and then try again. It seems to me like it's just the gears nkt lining up and so you can't go in that gear until the gears in the transfer case match? It stinks when sometimes your on flat ground, can't roll to reposition the gears and for a little bit you try low, can't, try medium can't and then low again until you get into one of them. It's nkt all the time but a little annoying at times.

Just to be sure no one says it, yes the tractor is stopped and not rolling when I shift between h m and l! I know how to shift, and know how to drive stick and all so it's not a user error. It just won't go into the desired range at times and I feel like I need to roll a few feet to get everything to mesh. Anyone else with this?

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #2  
Just press one of the go pedals (forward or backwards) ever so slightly while applying gentle pressure on the gear shift lever till it slides to the desired gear. This will spin the gears inside till the teeth align and it slides into gear.

It's a straight cut gearbox so it's literally the gears sliding into each other.

The longer you use the tractor on all ranges and the more you change gears, the more it loosens up over time and the more you get the feeling for it. At one point, it will just slide into any gears any time you want.

Last edited:
   / Ct2025 HST shifting
Thanks, yea I actually have noticed that helping. It's so smooth when it goes in nicely, just can be a bit frustrating when it doesn't. Tractor has 15 hours on it so yea hopefully with time it'll get easier more consistently

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #4  
Pretty sure they all do that. My kubota with HST and 4500 still needs a tap in the pedal most of the time. Or if on a slope ease of the brake and roll a hair. Same on the my LS tractor.

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #5  
Yup gets better with time and just barely touching one of the go pedals as mentioned works.

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #6  
I have the same issue and others have said what the manual recommends.

IMG_3105.JPG

/ Ct2025 HST shifting #7  
Whichever direction you were going- forward or reverse- tap the opposite. So let's say you approached a gravel pile to get a scoop....you would have been going forward. Now you want to put tractor in higher speed range but lever is being stubborn. Tap the reverse pedal... it'll now easily shift to M or H or whatever you want.

Same tractor here. Once I figured this out, works every time. Tap shuttle pedal opposite of one last used.

/ Ct2025 HST shifting
Yup that does it for sure, tapping the opposite direction. Thanks