CT225 ordering

/ CT225 ordering #1  

favarcat

Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I have been researching alot of tractors the last couple years. Was going to go with a Jinma through a good dealer so the tractor was prepped well. Most people have good luck with them as long as the prep is done and about $8000 less than the popular color tractors. But with the deals on bobcat right now, the price is about the same as a Jinma. I am looking at the CT225 and wondering what options most are ordering with them. I want to keep the price down unless the option is really worth the extra. The 2 options that I'm wondering about most is the Bobtach loader or regular loader and the suspension seat or regular seat. If I need rear remotes I will put them on later with the equipment that is needed for them.
I'm from upstate NY, but looks like I will travel to PA to get one because of the large price difference here.

/ CT225 ordering #2  
I ordered at 335 last week (may be here tomorrow--yipee) and there is a BIG diff in seat! That would be $200 I was going to spend if I went with the 235. It is standard on the 335.
Something to consider about the bobtach is that it moves your bucket forward about 4 inches stealing from your leverage. It also adds weight. The specs are for the loader without bobtach. It will be very useful but these are things pointed out to me by a knowledgable dealer.

good luck with your decision.

/ CT225 ordering #3  
the tractors really do come quite well equipped. I opted for the full suspension seat as i have very rough terrain and a spring seat is not for all day work. I also got the bob tach loader whick is simply a device to take on and off the bucket itself, not the loader. If you are going to use many more front implements then i would get that too, but if it just for the loader donr bother. I got rear remotes due to the fact im getting the hoe. Thats it though, dont need anything else. Oh, by the way, they included those 2 things at no cost when i said i wouldnt be happy without them, so they included them. Dont know where you are from, but im from connecticut, so we pay more for everything, but i got the 225 with fel with bobtach, 7tl loader, front line plumbing suspension seat and all out the door taxes included for 17700
wes

/ CT225 ordering
I think I will go with the plain pin loader and the susp. seat. The other question I have is about the Bobcat block heaters. Should I get one installed for upstate NY and are they better than inline hose heaters? I would guess yes for both. I was going to go with the 225, but with the new rebate plan, the 230 is now cheaper than the 225 by $2,000.

Last edited:
   / CT225 ordering #5  
I just ordered a 225 under the existing plan but it was $900 less than a 230. Let me know this new deal as I would rather have a bigger engine if I could get it for the same money or less.

/ CT225 ordering
The program changed with the 225 and stayed the same with the 230. I talked to about 5 dealers today and they all told me the same thing. The rebate on the 225 is now $500 and the free loader. It was $3500 about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The rebate on the 230 is still $3500 and a free loader. With the 230 being about $1000 more, it is actually $2000 less with the new program. Hope this helps. Maybe your dealer had some 225's he could still sell under the old program? Not sure how that works. It looks like I may be getting a 230 this week-end.

/ CT225 ordering #7  
Well, it is a good thing I got my order in under the old program. But I would have loved to have been able to bump that HP without bumping the price.

/ CT225 ordering #8  
favarcat,
Having recently completed the exact same process you are going through I know your "pain"<bg>.
Like you, I agonized over HP, options, quotes, etc, etc, etc.
As you have likely already discovered, probably the weakest link in the Bobcat chain is their website - the paucity of information is pathethic for a company of this magnitude.
The good news though is that once you do finally make contact with a knowledgeable salesman they have access to a (somewhat) more database and can (usually) dig out the details.
As far as options go, my last decisions were very much the same as yours. Upgraded suspension seat was pretty much a no-brainer based solely on the many comments of satisfied customers on TBN. Been down the, "kick myself later" road for cheaping out on a $200 option.
The bobtach decision was more difficult. Weigh the reduced load capacity, increased price, extended wait period (in my case) against the convenience when swapping attachments. While I don't see myself changing attachments frequently (not at all initially), I am holding out hope for a set of pallet forks and maybe a grapple in the not too distant future so convenience won. In the end, it's a decision only you can make.
On the remotes (rear), I had them added up front. Top-N-Tilt is pretty definately in my future for box blade work and perhaps a BH (keep checking those lottery numbers). You are correct though that there's really not a big $ difference in having them added now or later with the kits and from reports I've read it's a relatively easy install if you are comfortable spinning wrenches.
Finally, wrt dealers, I too found local (upstate NY) dealers somewhat reticent to compete. OTOH, right next door in CT is a gentleman I can't recommend highly enough based on my one experience so far. My tractor has not been delivered yet and there were a couple of "stumbles" during the negotiations but in the end he proved himself to be a man of his word and the dealership he represents one of integrity - what more can one hope for?
If it's not too late I'd suggest you contact Matt at mattb@bobcatct.com and tell him I sent you, or PM me if you need any further info.
Pricing on the 225 has changed dramatically since I closed my deal prior to the changeover but at the time there was ~$1000 difference between 225 and 230 which, to me made no sense - $1K for 3HP. My real choice was 225 vs 235 and it came down to $ vs how often I'd really "need" (read "want"<g>) the extra ponies. With the new pricing that decision may change.