CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
I have a CT225 with 1 pair of rear hydraulics on it. I have never used them and I looked at the owners manual and I still do not understand how they work. I would like to hook a 3 point wood splitter to them. I do not want to damage the tractor, so I need a basic understanding of how they work and how the fluid flows when the control lever is in its different position. Any help would be appreciated.

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question #2  
You may wish to post this up in hydraulics forum, but I will give it a shot

Assuming you have the A - B valves, when the lever is pushed toward A fluid flows to the A port in back, Return can come back through B if you have two hoses. The same applies to move the lever towards B and fluid flows to the B coupling and can back through A

However you will have one issue. You log splitter will be SLOW. You do not have enough fluid flow for making anything more than an 18 ton unit work. Check the cost and flow of the unit your considering. After looking into it I decided to just rent a stand alone for what I need

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question #3  
Control lever for the rear couplers is on Rig hand side of the seat, has a yellow grip unless it was pulled off. Push lever forward to A or rearward to B sends flow out to the rear couplers. Either direction has same flow and pressure capability, which way you move handle determines which coupler is follow out and which is return. See if you handle control has detent position, some earlier valves have it later valves had it removed. Push the handle fully either direction and see it if locks in place, if it locks then detent is there. If no detent you can simply move the lever and tie in place with a bungee strap.
To determine which way flow is moving through the splitter valve, connect the hoses then move the A-B laver into a locked position (or tie in place) then work the splitter valve lever. If splitter cylinder moves same direction as the cylinder rod (retracts when pushing lever back towards tractor) then it is connected correctly. If hose aren't connected it correct input/output coupler either swap coupler connections or move the A-B lever the opposite direction.
I have a 3 pt splitter and love it. Sure it is not the fastest compared to a self contained pull behind splitter but it serves my purpose working by myself.
Be aware that the 3 pt. will not raise when the rear hydraulics is in flow mode, A/B lever must be in neutral (center) to send flow to the 3 pt. valve.

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question #4  
Have yet to get anything that uses the rear hydraulics but have been waffling on getting a top-n-tilt setup. I've always just assumed the A-B control would work like the 3pt control but reading the comments here I guess the rear remotes actually work more like the loader control. You momentarily apply hydraulic pressure to bring the cylinder in/out and then the control falls back to the center position.

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question
I think that my CT225 has a hold position - the fluid would run from A then back to B or from B then Back to A - I am going to check it soon.

/ CT225 Tractor Rear Hydraulics Question #6  
My 2008 CT235 has a detent or hold on A and B. Never had a reason to use it yet. I have used a 3 point cement mixer with a one way lift cylinder. I unhook the hose to my loader down that has the float and use it. Works sort of like the 3 point lift having to allow the fluid to return back out the cylinder.