CT335 Dead as a doornail

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #11  
I think its a relay.
Do you hear a clicking sound when you turn the key?
You should, relay.

Same thing happened to me on a CT235 a few years back but i cannot remember what and where that relay was.

Try to jump the starter, it should start.

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #12  
Some of the relays on the firewall are incorrectly marked in manuals. Not sure what all models are affected but My 225 is listed incorrectly as relay locations. So I would check all relays on firewall. Try swapping one around if they’re the same. There should be three of them right together

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail
I'm back and still not working....at this point I've jumped the starter and it will engage the motor. I believe the issue is my ignition switch, I've taken the switch out and tried to jump/hotwire but with no luck...mind you I did this were the ignition harness connects to the wire harness...didn't cut cables. I was trying to jump pins with a jumper cable but couldn't get it to turn over. I'm thinkin I might buy a generic 4 post switch and see if that will start it....as the ignition switch is out of stock everywhere.

Thoughts on the hotwire? Any idea why I couldn't jump the constant hot to the starter lead?

I have checked all of the relays on the FW....pulled them all, bench tested them and they all test out working. I did order one of each type that are incoming just in case...but I don't "think" its a relay. The main difference with mine from others....when I turn the key I get no lights on the dash....makes me think it's either the Control Module or the ignition switch itself.

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #15  
....makes me think it's either the Control Module or the ignition switch itself.
I have been thru this several times for a neighbor up to last year. The CT335 was getting
older and it was a former rental unit. Tough life. Neighbor has recently moved, Whew!

IIRC, the Operation Control Unit and PTO safety switch were the culprits. If it were my tractor, I would be bypassing the safeties and going to toggle switches for PTO, bypassing the control box. There seems to be an analog signal involved.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input....PTO safety would affect startup but not lights on dash, at least according to the electrical schematics....from what I read, it's switched power relay, to Control Module to Dash panel. There is a pigtail off of the Ignition that sends a "start" signal to the Control Module for engine start, but don't "think" that lead has anything to do with dash lights. I've tried jumping the Ignition switch leads to no avail....which is leading me back to the module....just at $350 with no returns, I'm trying to be positive that it's the culprit.

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #17  
Thanks for the input....PTO safety would affect startup but not lights on dash, at least according to the electrical schematics....from what I read, it's switched power relay, to Control Module to Dash panel. There is a pigtail off of the Ignition that sends a "start" signal to the Control Module for engine start, but don't "think" that lead has anything to do with dash lights. I've tried jumping the Ignition switch leads to no avail....which is leading me back to the module....just at $350 with no returns, I'm trying to be positive that it's the culprit.
Yes, we would get dash lights but the starter motor would not spin. There were years of intermittancy with the range switch, too.

I am not a fan of requiring an HST tractor to be in neutral to engage the starter. Foot-clutch safety switch not so bad, but I have disabled mine.

The Bobcat CT335 safety switch and control module scheme is different from the near-identical Kioti DK35SE, and will likely result in future trouble even if working at present.

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #18  
Yes, we would get dash lights but the starter motor would not spin. There were years of intermittancy with the range switch, too.

I am not a fan of requiring an HST tractor to be in neutral to engage the starter. Foot-clutch safety switch not so bad, but I have disabled mine.

The Bobcat CT335 safety switch and control module scheme is different from the near-identical Kioti DK35SE, and will likely result in future trouble even if working at present.
I know this an older post but...a shot in the dark here.
I had a maddening issue like that suddenly also. Checked for hours. My problem was a connection to the seat safety. I had checked & cleaned the connection under the seat but eventually found a quick connection coupler farther down the line that had pulled apart but not enough that it looked unhooked. I had put a pair of gloves behind the seat and must have pulled it apart just enough to lose contact but not enough to fully unplug the two connections.
Simple & stupid but sometimes that happens...too often for me!

J

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #19  
Hello
I had the same issue it took me a long time to figure out it was a relay.
When turning the key do you hear the relay "clik", if not I would start there, you say if you jump tge starter it starts.
So it might also be a safety switch,
One under the seat, 1 for rear PTO, one for mid PTO.

In the end I bought a new relay and started switching it on every old relay and it worked. I beleive the culprit relay was on the fire wall.

Good luck.

/ CT335 Dead as a doornail #20  
I also had a CT230, purchased new, and it had a Bobcat-specific safety control box, unlike the equivalent Kioti CK30. Similar scheme to the CT335.

Safety switches for range and foot-clutch will eventually cause problems as the tractors get older. As you say, there are also PTO and seat switches.

Checking relays by swapping them is easy, plus hot-wiring the starter will eliminate the common weak battery and bad battery cable connection problems.