Cub 4x2 Big Country

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #1  

Green_Center

Bronze Member
Does anyone own one of these UV's ? I am thinking about purchasing the Camo and would like to know your experience.

Thanks

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #2  
I have a 2002 6x4 Big country with 80 hours and it has been an excellent machine. I would not hesitate to purchase another one.

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #3  
I had one and had it for about two weeks. The dealer could not correct the gear raking when shifting from neutral to forward or reverse. They tried three times, and as far as I was concerned it was an engineering defect.
Should have seen the look on the dealer's face when I dropped the keys and manual on his desk stating that the unit was outside and I demanded my money back.
Piece of MTD crap, stick with a Gator.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #4  
I also bought a "brand X" unit a few years ago before I bought my first Gator. I not only had a quality issue with it, but when something broke, there is nothing like the parts availability of the big three; Gator, RTV, and Mule. Since I don't particularly like having to engineer my own parts, no more "brand X" machines for me.

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #5  
cub cadet brand X?? I drove one and liked it better then the JD 6 wheeler..

Frank

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #6  
Cub Cadet has been at the absolute bottom of Consumer Reports reliability list for many years. Personal experience and the experience of others I know well and am related to have proved to me that they indeed belong there. A definite "brand X" at best.

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #7  
jeeze, i never realized that. Always thought cub cadet was in the JD level.. in quality

Frank

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #8  
MTD owns Cub Cadet but I am not sure that they build the Big Country though. I was searching on ebay about a year ago for utility vehicles and stumbled across what appeared to be a green big country. I don't remember the brand but I did look them up and they built golf and turf equipment. Sure enough on there web site was one of those Big Country look alikes. I mean they were identical except for color.

/ Cub 4x2 Big Country #10  
My mistake. Whomever makes the Big Country needs to go back to the drawing board.
Perhaps the new name should be "Big Crappy"