cub cadet 1872 info

/ cub cadet 1872 info #1  

highboy1975

Silver Member
any infor on a 1872 super garden tractor would be appreciated. what rearend is in this tractor? i thought it was a cast iron unit but just read it was aluminum. opinions and info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

/ cub cadet 1872 info
that helps alot, but doesnt have some of the technical info i was hoping for. thanks.

/ cub cadet 1872 info #4  
1872 is a 18hp kohler magnum engine. Power steering. Aluminum rear end. Turning brakes. They are a "Super Garden Tractor". Options would include front hydraulics, rear pto, rear cat 0 3pt.

/ cub cadet 1872 info
thank you very much. just what i wanted to know

/ cub cadet 1872 info #6  
I have a 1995 Super GT model 2284, with a 22hp Kohler Command engine. I bought the tractor new with the 46" mowing deck, triple rear bagger, suitcase weight bracket & weights, 54" snow blade, and 45" 2-stage snowblower. It has been a terrific tractor and still runs strong after 15 years of year-round use.

I have all the manuals for the tractor and all attachments. If I can look anything up for you, let me know.

Kevin

New Hampshire

/ cub cadet 1872 info #7  
i just got a 1872 with 60"deck,54"blade,2 stage snow blower.So i'm new to the 1872.So far i have did just the basic maintenance spark plugs,engine oil & filter,fuel filter,air filter,and hydro oil & filter.IMO i wouldn't let the aluminum rear scare you.When i changed the hydro oil in mine it was clean.Mine had 1470 hours on it and the hydo seems to be strong.I have been using the snow blower, no weird noises in the hydro it does not creep when in neutral.
It starts hard in the cold so i have to put a heater on it to get it running but once it is running she is smooth.It needs new spark plug wires and the starting trouble will have to be fixed.When snow season is over i will have to pull the engine.It smokes a little i am thinking and hoping just rings so while the engine is off i will replace and or take care of what ever it needs.

/ cub cadet 1872 info #8  
I have an 1872 cub cadet which has sheared the bolts on the rear end. Any advice as to how to remove the rear axles?
Thanks