Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck

/ Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck #1  

tom63

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7205
I was moving some dirt today with my cub Cadet 7205 and struck a buried rock; not real hard but now the joy stick won't move forward or back. Ok left/right (bucket curl) but the stick seems to be physically stuck and won't move at all fwd/back, engine running or not. I think the problem is inside the joy stick. Is that something I can tackle; taking the stick housing apart or are there a million parts inside there? Also, if I take the hoses off, will there be fluid spewing everywhere? How do I bleed the pressure? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :(

/ Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck #2  
Can you snap a photo? Is the joystick have all the hoses going to it or is it just 2 cables?

/ Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck
7 hoses total...

stick1.jpgstick2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck #4  
Looks like you will need to lift the rubber boot, soak the rusted bolts etc with your favorite oil and inspect. Typically the linkage has come apart or a bolt fell out and it’s a quick fix. It won’t explode on you.....it will amaze you with how simple it is.

/ Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck
Looks like I owe you a beer RNeumann! Did a bit of disassembly so I could see what I was doing and soaked everything in WD-40 and penetrating oil overnight. Today I did some prying and twisting and after a short period the one stuck valve (photo below) popped right up! Ready to roll again, Thanks!

stuck valve.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 475 Loader Joy Stick Stuck #6  
Nice! Glad it was easy......and heck I get a beer out of this!