Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #31  
The Derale 15715 should work. ~$50

What you need to look for in a filter relocation kit is the thread (3/4-16) and o-ring diameter (~2.5-2.75").

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn
Last week we bought a new 2018 z-force SX48, wife mowed about 2-acres of grass and is very happy with it so. She says it turns much easier thank the eXmark we rented but since they stopped manufacturing steering wheel ZT it is a mute point. Cub Cadet is the only and oldest manufacture of the steering wheel zero turn and the only one building heavy residential/commercial ZT in this configuration.

My first impression was this $5500 mower while having commercial grade pumps, good engine and deck. CC is doing allot of cost cutting with misc parts, allot of thin gauge stamped metal, control cables/rods should be much beefier, and allot of exposed wiring which should be protected. I over-engineer everything so hopefully this will last us 17-years like our JD lawn tractor did. It did come with a 48-month warranty so at least I do not need to worry about major components. I am not dissatisfied with the purchase just not blown away with the quality of the chassis like I hoped I would be. Time will tell.

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #33  
Last week we bought a new 2018 z-force SX48, wife mowed about 2-acres of grass and is very happy with it so. She says it turns much easier thank the eXmark we rented but since they stopped manufacturing steering wheel ZT it is a mute point. Cub Cadet is the only and oldest manufacture of the steering wheel zero turn and the only one building heavy residential/commercial ZT in this configuration.

My first impression was this $5500 mower while having commercial grade pumps, good engine and deck. CC is doing allot of cost cutting with misc parts, allot of thin gauge stamped metal, control cables/rods should be much beefier, and allot of exposed wiring which should be protected. I over-engineer everything so hopefully this will last us 17-years like our JD lawn tractor did. It did come with a 48-month warranty so at least I do not need to worry about major components. I am not dissatisfied with the purchase just not blown away with the quality of the chassis like I hoped I would be. Time will tell.

I think if CC delivered what you refer to overengineered misc parts/metal on their Pro-Z line you'd be paying a LOT more money like one does for completely pro mowers. I would maybe re classify these mowers as pro-sumer, (consumer), consumer level Pro grade equipment. The mower I had, a Scag Wildcat with 61" high Velocity deck and 3 bag bagger system was $13,000 new in 2006-7. It was definitely heavy duty Pro grade, BUT the CC runs rings around it in terms of not sliding into the woods whenever it feels like it, not scalping the grass on turns, shooting the clippings way away from the mower, not having a hard breakable shoot flap, etc.
For $6K and a 4 year warranty if it lasts 5 years without falling apart I can go buy another brand new one, and still have $1000 left to burn. Can't say that about most things,in fact hardly anything today...
JMHO.

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #34  
Just saw this thread: I got tired of mowing with a 42" Husky garden tractor, and searched for a ZT for a while last year. Our "lawn" is fairly rough, so a 60" deck wasn't ideal because of unevenness. I came across a CC steering wheel Commercial Z turn with the 48" deck, slightly used, with 55 hours on it. Everything looked new, blades were still sharp, clean anywhere I looked. I got it delivered, with a spare set of filters, plugs, etc., for $3250 and I have to say I am pleased with it. I liked the fact it has the 3400 HD hydraulic motors, a commercial Kohler engine and a fabricated deck. It cuts quickly, and the blades really suck up the grass. Cut my mowing time from 2 1/2 hours to just about half that. If the lawn were smooth, it would be even less. Interesting to learn about the filter relocation kits... may be worth looking into.

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #35  
Just saw this thread: I got tired of mowing with a 42" Husky garden tractor, and searched for a ZT for a while last year. Our "lawn" is fairly rough, so a 60" deck wasn't ideal because of unevenness. I came across a CC steering wheel Commercial Z turn with the 48" deck, slightly used, with 55 hours on it. Everything looked new, blades were still sharp, clean anywhere I looked. I got it delivered, with a spare set of filters, plugs, etc., for $3250 and I have to say I am pleased with it. I liked the fact it has the 3400 HD hydraulic motors, a commercial Kohler engine and a fabricated deck. It cuts quickly, and the blades really suck up the grass. Cut my mowing time from 2 1/2 hours to just about half that. If the lawn were smooth, it would be even less. Interesting to learn about the filter relocation kits... may be worth looking into.

Good deal! Changing the filter gets easier once you've done it. I decided against relocation - not necessary.

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #36  
I know this is an older thread, but I was hoping to get long-term feedback on those who have been using the Cub Cadet ZTs with a steering wheel (Syncro-Steer)?

I have a larger garden tractor with loader (Power King 1618) that is my one and only tractor and mower. A more modern ZT would probably reduce my mowing time by 40%, and the wife would feel comfortable using it but she is intimidated by the lap bar zero turns. A ZT with a steering wheel would be a happy compromise. This won't be an immediate purchase, but I'm researching the Cub Cadet Pro Z 100 and 500 series units with a 54" deck.

I'm wondering if the Syncho-Steer mechanism has proven to be reliable?

Thanks!

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #37  
I know this is an older thread, but I was hoping to get long-term feedback on those who have been using the Cub Cadet ZTs with a steering wheel (Syncro-Steer)?

I have a larger garden tractor with loader (Power King 1618) that is my one and only tractor and mower. A more modern ZT would probably reduce my mowing time by 40%, and the wife would feel comfortable using it but she is intimidated by the lap bar zero turns. A ZT with a steering wheel would be a happy compromise. This won't be an immediate purchase, but I'm researching the Cub Cadet Pro Z 100 and 500 series units with a 54" deck.

I'm wondering if the Syncho-Steer mechanism has proven to be reliable?

Thanks!

Consider a Country Clipper. Most models available with either twin-stick or single joystick control, same price. Heavy welded steel mower decks. 90 seconds to release and flip the mower deck vertical to wash or sharpen blades. I think Country Clipper is a much higher quality unit than Cub Cadet which has fallen to barely box-store grade.

Country Clipper Zero-Turn Mowers

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #38  
I think Country Clipper is a much higher quality unit than Cub Cadet which has fallen to barely box-store grade.

Thanks for the advice! I understand the "box store" sentiment around Cub Cadet; I have the same general opinion. However, is that true/fair to say about their "commercial" line of equipment that is purchased from dealers? I've read some comments that Cub Cadet commercial is more "prosumer" than commercial/contractor grade. I have not done any heavy comparison research yet, or put my hands on anything, so I have no clue. I was focused on the steering wheel control.

Thanks!

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #39  
Just to add....we test drove a Country Clipper with the joy stick and it was impressive. Very intuitive. As mentioned above, being able to quickly flip up the deck for servicing is a very attractive feature.

Money is tight right now, but when my rider craps out, or I get extra cash, I will likely buy one. They have a range of models to hit various price points. Many have the Kawasaki engines...another plus.

/ Cub Cadet Steering Wheel Zero-Turn #40  
We've got a 60" CC Charger. My wife uses it while I pull the 12' Woods. No complaints from her.