Cub Cadet Volunteer 750 EFI

/ Cub Cadet Volunteer 750 EFI #1  

CJBOTA

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 & MX5100
I have been looking at Utility Vehicles all summer. I found that each major brand had some things I really liked but didn't have the right combination of preferences I was looking for. The Cub Volunteer was the first one I looked at and after almost buying a Gator, Kubota, and Ranger I kept going back to the Vounteer.
1) I decided I wanted gas rather then diesel, that ruled out Kubota.

2) I wanted more then 20HP but didn't need 46 hp. The Volunteer is 31 HP
and makes over 47 foot lbs of torque. ( liquid cooled Kohler )

3) I wanted more speed then 25MPH but didn't need 55MPH. That along with item 2 ruled out ranger, gator, and kubota. ( the volunteer will do 32 MPH )

4) I wanted a large cargo box that will handle a decent payload. they all seemed have this.

5) I wanted to stay at or below $10000 with decent financing. that also ruled out gator, kubota and ranger.

My local Cub dealer had a Volunteer with the hunting package. ( front basket, light bar, camo, and gun rack.) for $9650. No payments for 6 months and 1.9% financing for 36 months on my balance after a down payment. I just couldn't pass it up at that price. Iwll let you know if it was the right choice for me after I put a few hours on it.
cj from ohio

/ Cub Cadet Volunteer 750 EFI
The Volunteer was delivered today and I was able to spend a couple of hours driving all over our 450 acre farm. First impression in a word would be satisfied. It is everything I thought it would be.
Things I liked:
1) good power and smooth accel. and decel.
2) smooth ride at higher speeds over rough terrain.
3) brakes are strong
4) steers easily.
5) Exhaust tune sounds very capable
6) seats are very comfortable
7) extra storage under seats.

Things I don't like:
1) oil dipstick is not easily accessible.
2) driver's seat is not easily adjustable. ( although it fits me perfect )
3) I wish the bed was just a little more heavy duty. ( another 1/16" thick would make a huge difference)

generally speaking I have no regrets and feel I made a good choice for my needs. I feel I got alot for my money.

/ Cub Cadet Volunteer 750 EFI #3  
I looked at one of those as well..Looks like a nice machine. Congrats on the new toy...I mean necessary tool.:D

/ Cub Cadet Volunteer 750 EFI #4  
Thank you CJBOTA!!

It is hard to get real live feedback on these units. I have looked at these utv's and really liked them. Right now, My buying decision is sort of between the cub and the Bush hog.

I was wondering if you have had a chance to use the low range...How low is it? Do you think it Would be strong enough to pull a big ole trailer of firewood, up and down some hilly logging roads here in Kentucky?

Good Luck...

Jeff,
I really haven't had time to see what this thing will do in low range. Also, it probably depends on what you mean by big. I would guess that it would pull atleast a cord of wood up a fairly steep hill but I haven't tried that yet. I did haul a 175 lb, 10 point buck out of a steep ravine earlier this evening. The 31 HP Kohler motor sounds real strong. As I said, at this point I am very satisfied with my choice. I do think the other major brands are also good choices. I did not look at the Bush hog.
cj

I took the Volunteer to have the bed LINE Xed today. It turned out great. I wanted to get the floor done but it was a small fortune. I now have 12 hrs on it and I like it alot. We have a large farm with a variety of terrain conditions. I am gradually getting more adventurous with it. I think it is well built and has good power and a decent suspension. While it handles easy when moving, power steering would be nice in tight slow moving situations.
All things considered, no regrets so far.
cj