Cub Cadet Yanmar EX2900 - equivalent, more common Yanmar model?

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar EX2900 - equivalent, more common Yanmar model? #1  

sportbikerider78

Tractor
2009 Club Cadet Yanmar EX2900
Hey guys.

I love my 2009 EX2900 with an FEL. I'm looking to add a backhoe and my research on aftermarket is just hard to find. My engineering brain is a bit of an overload.

Clearly, this tractor is made by Yanmar. Is it an exact equivalent to a Yanmar model that would give me many more searchable results on the internet?

As always...thanks for the help!
Dave

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar EX2900 - equivalent, more common Yanmar model? #2  
Just saw this, I too have a Cub Cadet Yanmar EX2900; it's just a Yanmar Ex2900. It's a "limbo" sort of unit, as Yanmar wasn't coming to the NA market on their own yet and partnered with Cub for a few years. That didn't work out, and they still came to market with the Black/Yellow Cub colors for a year or two (like mine) and only labeled Yanmar Ex2900 or 3200 for example. There's no "red" version of the unit, so the backhoe is hard to find.

Now that being said, Yanmar made/makes a lot of the JD compact units, so for certain parts, you can easily cross to a JD790 (which I've done a couple of times since my local JD place is much bigger than the Yanmar dealer). Moved a few years after buying my unit and miss my old dealer. Obviously body panels aren't the same, but drive and mechanical it's handy to know. Not sure about the backhoe though. If it is a fit, would assume it's the JD #7 backhoe for the 790 as an alternative search.

Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar EX2900 - equivalent, more common Yanmar model? #3  
I've concluded both Cub/Yanmar and John Deere CUT OEM backhoes are manufactured by Amerequip in Wisconsin.

On their production gallery web page you can see both Cub/Yanmar and JD hoes on the factory floor:
Production Gallery

The hoes are probably very similar and use the same parts and steel, but I'm doubtful you would find a sub-frame match-up.