Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #1  

tonkakid

I am seriously considering buying the Cub/Yanmar EX3200. I have driven just about every other brand tractor in it's size class (32hp) and for the money/warranty this seems to be a good tractor. It actually is similar to the JD 3203 that I drove today. I realize this is a new tractor model/style for Cub/Yanmar and that's why I'm posting this. Does anyone have any experience with this tractor? I've looked at Kioti, Kubota, Montana, JD, New Holland, and the new Bobcat CT225. Thanks!

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #2  
Cub cadet does not build a tractor like they use to!!!! Bobcat has a good name and good quality equipment

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #3  
I am seriously considering buying the Cub/Yanmar EX3200. I have driven just about every other brand tractor in it's size class (32hp) and for the money/warranty this seems to be a good tractor. It actually is similar to the JD 3203 that I drove today. I realize this is a new tractor model/style for Cub/Yanmar and that's why I'm posting this. Does anyone have any experience with this tractor? I've looked at Kioti, Kubota, Montana, JD, New Holland, and the new Bobcat CT225. Thanks!

They are all pretty good tractors, but you should test drive a Mahindra 3316 before you make any desisions. I believe you may find this tractor a bit more comfortable than some you have looked at, and being fully Mitsubishi of Japan manufactured, quality and reliability is second to none.

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #4  
I'll second the Mahindra vote.

I looked at the EX3200 for a second machine for my father's property. They are nice tractors, and Yanmar makes great stuff, but here was my turn-off.

For a 32 HP tractor, the loader lift capacity of 900LBS and 1100 LBS on the 3point hitch are a little low. The comparable Mahindra 3316 is considerably higher. I believe the price is close.

I have a Mahindra 2015, which is smaller than the EX3200, and my loader lift capacity is (I think) 915LBS, and 980LBS on the 3 point (24 inches behind the eyes. 1400LBS at the eyes).

Something to think about.

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200
Cub cadet does not build a tractor like they use to!!!! Bobcat has a good name and good quality equipment
i drove the bobcat, but the reason i didn't like it......?? it's white!!! the glare was terrible! i know that sounds stupid, but it was very noticable. thanks for the info on the cub/yanmar!

They are all pretty good tractors, but you should test drive a Mahindra 3316 before you make any desisions. I believe you may find this tractor a bit more comfortable than some you have looked at, and being fully Mitsubishi of Japan manufactured, quality and reliability is second to none.
I have priced a Mahindra 3316HST ($17,995) w/FEL but have not actually drove to the dealer to test drive. I've been on the Mahindra website but this model is not shown. Is it an old model#? I may drive up to the dealer this week to test drive. Thanks for the feedback!

I looked at the EX3200 for a second machine for my father's property. They are nice tractors, and Yanmar makes great stuff, but here was my turn-off.

For a 32 HP tractor, the loader lift capacity of 900LBS and 1100 LBS on the 3point hitch are a little low. The comparable Mahindra 3316 is considerably higher. I believe the price is close.

I have a Mahindra 2015, which is smaller than the EX3200, and my loader lift capacity is (I think) 915LBS, and 980LBS on the 3 point (24 inches behind the eyes. 1400LBS at the eyes).

Thanks. I have check out a lot of the specs and I agree that the Cub/Yanmar has some lower load capacities. It is also a lighter tractor than many other brands. I will mainly be mowing 5-6 acres and doing light FEL work around the house. I think the capacities will be fine for me. However, I am going to check out the Mahindra. That's about the only brand I have not seen in person and driven.

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #8  
Mahindra is in the process of changing over to the tier III and IV emissions compliant tractors. The Mahindra 3215 tractor is the before emmisions model and the 3316 is the new compliant model. Other than the engines and paint scheme the two tractors are identical. If your dealer still has a 3215 on his lot it should be a few hundred dollars less than the 3316 and every bit as good a tractor. Anyhow give it a test drive and you will see what I mean by it being comfortable and east to get on and off. Good luck shopping.

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #9  
Bobcat is a Kioti tractor, the new Cub is Yanmar. If your happy Im sure it will do the work you need. I like the cost for this size of tractor. I did not like the lack of room around the seat. The SC2400 has lots of room.

PS my local dealer has a EX3200 for around 15500, loader and tractor.

KC

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar EX3200 #10  

Lower capacities aside (Branson BL10S loader @ 1675# lift, and 2140# on the 3 pt) I looked at the Cub / Yanmar also, and found that my right leg was in constant contact with, as in activating, the loader joystick. I also felt that the operator station itself was mighty small (I'm a big-guy). I also know from experience that weight / heft is a good thing for loader work whether you're pushing snow or dirt. The EX3200 weighed in at 2050#, and my 3510i weighs 3756#. I know the Branson's a bigger tractor, but 600# per hp (35 vs. 32) left me wondering what might have been skimped on in the castings, etc.