Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 (PTO Belt Issues)

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 (PTO Belt Issues) #1  

oldhamKY

Hi All -

I have a 2008 Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 with approx 110Hrs - Everything on it has ran fine up until this season. During the spring service they replaced an Idler Pulley on my mower and ever since then all kinds of issues.

1st - My PTO Clutch literally fell out of the mower. It was replaced via the warranty.

2nd - The same day I got it back after 15 minutes of cutting the PTO belt burned up and flew off in pieces.

3rd - After a week and half same belt issue.

I'm certain this has to do with the Idler Pulley and the alignment of the belt -but how hard is this to fix? What's really going on? And the bigger question is what else is being affected? Bearings, Clutch?

Anyone else running into the same issue? The shop I'm taking it to has been in business for years, they are best in town, what advice can I offer them to help the problem be resolved?
:confused:

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 (PTO Belt Issues) #2  
Sounds like the original prob never treally got fixed correctly by the dealer. Keep the heat to their feet. Also demand a loaner mower while they have yers in the shop. If it turns into a eyeball match, get ahold of the Cub regional service rep or their corp service dept.
IMHO, their "best service in town" handle is getting tarnished - fast.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 (PTO Belt Issues) #3  
Maybe when they replaced the idler pulley they got the spacer or spacers wrong causing some misalignment. You can go here Carter Gruenewald Co Inc. - Parts and look up a parts diagram for your mower and compare it to how its assembled.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force 60 (PTO Belt Issues) #4  
I have a zforce 48 which had the same problems with the pto belt. After going through six belts I finally found that if the deck encounters an obstacle on the left side and begins to sway, on the back swing the belt hits a bolt which may have been put in backwards during setup. The bolt is located on the left side of the mower directly in line with the pto belt. I believe that if the bolt is reversed with the head inside and the nut and threads pointed outside you may alleviate the problem. It worked for me.