Culvert, where to buy?

/ Culvert, where to buy? #1  

Overtaxed

Tractor
Kioti NX6010, JD 2720 w/46BH, Honda Pioneer 1000
I can't seem to find anyone in my area (Gaffney, SC) who has a 20' section of 15" culvert. Where do you guys buy this stuff? Tractor supply doesn't have it but can order it; however, the shipping is really high. Just looking for a good source before I waste a lot of money.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #2  
Check farm and agricultural supplies like Co-Ops. Also check paving and excavating contractors.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #4  
Menard's sells Hancor plastic culvert in various diameters and lengths.

There is also a building supply place near me that sells re-mesh, rebar, culverts and the like.

Cadillac Culvert Co. Home - Cadillac Culvert, Inc.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #5  
Visit your local DOT or DPW yard and see who supplies them.
Or in some localities your local municipal road maintenance department will provide it to you at their cost.

Edit: Corrected typo.

Last edited:
   / Culvert, where to buy? #6  
I can't seem to find anyone in my area (Gaffney, SC) who has a 20' section of 15" culvert. Where do you guys buy this stuff? Tractor supply doesn't have it but can order it; however, the shipping is really high. Just looking for a good source before I waste a lot of money.

Just south of Raleigh,NC (Garner) they make and sell reinforced concrete culvert, 15" 6' sections. i believe they charge about $125 for "seconds".. Slightly blemished in the production but works fine.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #7  
Check with concrete plants. Our local plant has the double wall plastic ones. Also try a feed store.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #9  
Plumbing suppliers generally have culverts. There's a Ferguson Enterprises in Greenville. Looks like that's maybe 40 miles from you. The one I do business with in Charlottesville, Va. delivers.

/ Culvert, where to buy? #10  

Around here in tidewater Virginia, Ferguson sells stormwater products and stocks them, and Core & Main (formerly "HD Supply" and "HD Waterworks" before that) has them too. I have a Core & Main about 5 miles from my home, so I opened an account there, but they do cash sales too.

I have bought several NDS dual-wall smooth-bore culvert pipes from Core & Main and they have very good prices. Have bought and used 12" and 15" pipe. If I recall, they only stock the pipes with o-ring spigot on one end (male side) and bell on the other (female side) but you can trim the ends back with a sawz-all if you want blunt ends. The first time I put in a culvert I left the ends alone, and that was a good thing because I decide to widen it a few years later and was able to just add new sections of pipe to each end and get a nice watertight seal.

They can special order ends, couplings, etc, if you want to get more fancy.

I am a big fan of the plastic dual wall pipe. It's light enough for one man to handle and is plenty strong as long as you have 12" fill over the top of the pipe. Regardless of the pipe material, be sure to bed it properly on the bottom and fill around it properly.