Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #11  
Read that Ford is shutting down plants due to parts issues. All about getting it cheap and selling it steep. Gonna bite them, looks like it is.

Weird and random with no real point that is backed by fact.

Good job.

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #12  
Weird and random with no real point that is backed by fact.

Good job.

Actually, it’s not weird or random and it is backed up by facts

And IMO, 5030 is right. Auto manufacturers are run by bean counters who sit around and fight with each other about saving 5 cents on a part from China.
Now their chickens are coming home to roost.

Last edited:
   / Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #13  
I think I'd be real leery about buying a new vehicle once the chip thing is ironed out. Not that I would anyway, Cannot afford one.

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #14  
I think I'd be real leery about buying a new vehicle once the chip thing is ironed out. Not that I would anyway, Cannot afford one.
Well, I can but I won't pay 60 grand plus for something that is really worth about 10 grand. Me, I'm an off lease buyer. I let the leaser take the hit and buy them for 1/2 price. I love Ford's 'New every 2' deal. Bought the last 3 like that. 2 year off lease, balance of factory warranty, Red Carpet buys.

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #15  
Fords, GM and Stellantis have partial built vehicles stacked up like cordwood all around Toledo in various lots, Never seen so many Jeeps in the old Northtowne mall parking lot, must be thousands sitting there in the hot sun.

Have to shut down, cannot keep building them, no room left. Fords Wayne Assembly is the same, using employee parking space now to store them.

Think about all the ethanol gas in them getting rancid too.

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #16  
Actually, it’s not weird or random and it is backed up by facts

And IMO, 5030 is right. Auto manufacturers are run by bean counters who sit around and fight with each other about saving 5 cents on a part from China.

That may all be true, but Fords stock is almost 3x what is was a year ago.

And, that is how they get paid.

Rather than chickens coming home, they may believe the golden goose came home.

MoKelly

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #17  
That may all be true, but Fords stock is almost 3x what is was a year ago.

And, that is how they get paid.

Rather than chickens coming home, they may believe the golden goose came home.

MoKelly
Agree. Great times for them.
I was referring to the unpredictability that comes with outside sourced assemblies and parts.

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #18  
Agree. Great times for them.
I was referring to the unpredictability that comes with outside sourced assemblies and parts.

Yes - 100% correct. I also blame all auto manufacturers for having such few suppliers and no contingency plan.

How can any business allow themselves to be shutdown by a few international suppliers.

It’s incompetence.

Then again, it’s the same fools who went bankrupt and had to be bailed out. Can you imagine US car manufactures being stupid enough to actually go bankrupt? Hard for me to fathom.

MoKelly

/ Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #19  
I replaced my 1994 cummins water pump about 8-10 years ago. RiG has 330,000 miles on it. Thats the only pump i had to replace on it. Very easy replacement.

on the same Rig i just fixed a vacuum leak that was driving me crazy. Every time i came to a stop id lose all vacuum, breaks were hard to press, and the doors on ac unit closed and would not allow air to enter cab. And it was 108°.

went to 2 repair shops. One said 94 dodge had knows vacuum pump failures...estimates replacement cost $1,200. The second shop said hed have to trace all vacuum lines...and there are a heck of alot of them. He said hed have to pull dash, etc. cost est was upwards of $800-1000.

so i took it home and hit the internet. Found out where vac pump was and started tracing tubes by wetting finger and running engine. Found leak in 2 minutes. A line was rubbing on master cylinder. I cut it and pushed new end into fitting after rerouting around master cylinder. Truck runs like new. Even transmission shifts better. Id like to go kick that first guys butt. But im too nice.

Last edited:
   / Cummins 5.9 water pump repalcement #20  
Then again, it’s the same fools who went bankrupt and had to be bailed out. Can you imagine US car manufactures being stupid enough to actually go bankrupt? Hard for me to fathom.

MoKelly
Absolutely it is incompetence and stupidity.

Nevada is the 7th largest state in the Nation, going by land area. Some years ago GM arrogantly decided that they would close all their "rural" dealerships and make the buyers come to the big city if they wanted to buy a GM product. Nearest town to me had two GM dealerships - one sold Chevys, the other GMCs and Buicks and Cadillacs. GM closed both of them. Next town, same story. Now if you live in Nevada there are 3 places to buy a GM product. Las Vegas. Or 450 miles north in the Reno area or about the same to Elko, Nevada. Or if you are hard core GM you can drive to Salt Lake City, 520 miles from Reno.

GM's bean counters figured they would really help GM's bottom line by closing dealerships!? So now when you drive Nevada highways you see mainly Fords and Rams. Wonder why? I USED to own two GM vehicles but with no dealerships nearby now I own Ford and Dodge also.