Cushioned gooseneck hitch

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch #1  

Seven Gables

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 5115m , Ford 545D, Kubota M8540, NH t4.105 , Ford 5030, Ford 4830, NH TN 95FA, Volvo EC60E
Bought a new double tandem gooseneck trailer bout a year ago and the dealer talked me into buying a shocker air hitch for it. Use the trailer to pull my mini excavator (13,000lbs) and cherry tanks full of cherries (20,000lbs ) seems to really work well to remove the fore and aft jerk both at start and stop of pull and while rolling down the road hitting any imperfections in road way. Also I believe it must help with the whole driveline to minimize shock load. If your having any jerkiness issues you might consider one. Think they also make one for regular straight pull trailer hitches also. Any body else out there used one? I'm pretty impressed.

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch #2  
xman on here uses one. i've thought about one for my GN, but i use it so infrequently that i haven't bothered

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch
Yeah to justify the cost you would have to use more than a very little. To be honest when I bought trailer the dealer thru it in at a bargain I couldn't refuse so I bought it. After using it though I'm glad to have it.

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch #4  
I have never used an air hitch. Have a Star Performance Hitch on my 30' goose neck and love the thing.

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch #5  
Mine is a Cushion Coupler from PopUp Hitch. It is the first style, using Timbren Springs:

aTimbren.jpg

PC220009.JPG

Bought it several years ago for a horse trailer. Later sold the trailer and moved the hitch to the deckover.

/ Cushioned gooseneck hitch
Looked up star performance hitch, they make the two different styles. Both look like they would do about the same thing as the shocker hitch. Really any kind of strong safe cushion between truck and trailer has got to be a good thing. Few different ways to get er accomplished. B