Custom Hydraulic hose ?

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is this something that I can do with basic tools)</font>
No...
Those hydraulic hoses are under thousands of psi and they should have done it for you. You would need a hydraulic hose crimper with the right sleeves to squeeze the fittings.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is this something that I can do with basic tools)</font>
No...
Those hydraulic hoses are under thousands of psi and they should have done it for you. You would need a hydraulic hose crimper with the right sleeves to squeeze the fittings.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #13  
They messed up. Either they used the wrong die or they used the wrong hose for that type of fitting. Take them back.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #14  
They messed up. Either they used the wrong die or they used the wrong hose for that type of fitting. Take them back.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ?
Thanks for the quick replies. I was worried I had messed something up. I'm not really happy as hydraulic fluid sprayed everywhere in the barn. All over me, the tractor, etc.

I'm going to be out of town next week but I'll bring it in the next Monday and let them know that I wasn't exactly happy being showered in hydraulic fluid.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ?
Thanks for the quick replies. I was worried I had messed something up. I'm not really happy as hydraulic fluid sprayed everywhere in the barn. All over me, the tractor, etc.

I'm going to be out of town next week but I'll bring it in the next Monday and let them know that I wasn't exactly happy being showered in hydraulic fluid.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #17  
Those hose fittings should have been crimped with a machine. The typical hose crimping machine uses anywhere from 35 to 95 tons of pressure to crimp the end fittings on. There is no way you could do this with a vice and a pair of big pliers.

However, for about $15 each you can buy reusable fittings. Most hydraulic people use these for temporary patches in the field but some here on TBN (I won't name names) use them as a permanent part of their setup. I personally would rather not chance it but then again, that's me.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #18  
Those hose fittings should have been crimped with a machine. The typical hose crimping machine uses anywhere from 35 to 95 tons of pressure to crimp the end fittings on. There is no way you could do this with a vice and a pair of big pliers.

However, for about $15 each you can buy reusable fittings. Most hydraulic people use these for temporary patches in the field but some here on TBN (I won't name names) use them as a permanent part of their setup. I personally would rather not chance it but then again, that's me.

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
)</font>

Where can I buy these?
Bob

/ Custom Hydraulic hose ? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
)</font>

Where can I buy these?
Bob