Cut-off wheels and angle grinders

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #41  
W/O straying to far, I bought a 9" 15 amp HP grinder for welding and grinding. I love it, I am a big guy and can push as hard as I want the a 9" grinding wheel and it keeps on chewing. I had it for maybe 20 years and is built like a tank.

Cheapo HF grinders are for Christmas gifts when a $10 limit is on.

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #43  
   / Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #44  
Too funny. I'm putting you AND Deere Dude on my gift list. lol

Terry

Thank you Terry but I have to be honest from the get go, I will re-gift it, lol.

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #45  
My 5"makita is a good 30 yrs old with zero issues and you can always get parts if needed,, Go to the service centers and see what they techs say,, Even dewalt can be crap,as I found when I tried to get a part for a chop saw.. Dont buy low end disks. they wear fast and can break,, dont push hard on then or side load them.I have a HF one, a Milwaukee and trigger and switch operated 5" makitas,, It has to fit nice and safe
in your hands first to me...

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #46  
Hilti and Metabo make a nice grinder as well. I use a lot of the hilti cut off wheels for various applications and they seem to work well and be of higher quality than most of the stuff I see at the farm store or menards where I shop.

I've also used these as cheap grinder and only trashed 2 in many years. For the price they are hard to beat and I like the switch.
angle-grinder.jpg

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #47  
The guy on the Moonshiners show just lost a finger using an angle grinder cut off wheel . Said it blew apart and finger did too.

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #48  
The scar in between my middle finger and ring finger came from a cut off wheel. It went through a welding glove and got me. It didn't come apart, it grabbed in some metal and got me. Taped the two fingers together and got back to work. It could have probably used stitches. IMG_2096.JPGIMG_2097.JPG

/ Cut-off wheels and angle grinders #49  
The scar in between my middle finger and ring finger came from a cut off wheel. It went through a welding glove and got me. It didn't come apart, it grabbed in some metal and got me. Taped the two fingers together and got back to work. It could have probably used stitches. View attachment 490788View attachment 490789

Live long and prosper.