CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #1  

WB2ORJ

Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST Cab
I have a winding paved driveway, about 7 deg grade. On my last tractor, a BX2200, I use to fly up the driveway in high gear but my Kioti CX2510 HST Cab quickly loses power and wants to stall. I have tried to increase speed slowly but it can never even get to the slow speed that I get in low gear. Otherwise tractor seems to be fully operational. Only has about 25h on it. I know with the cab, this tractor weighs more than the BX2200 but would think the engine/transmission design would be adequate. Is this normal/ to be expected?

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #2  
Likely normal. My Kubota L4060 hst slows down on hills in high gear also. Backing off on the HST pedal will lower the gear ratio as opposed to full pedal and lugging the engine down.

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #3  
I suspect the BX had much more horsepower per pound, too.

My BX will fly up our hill in high range, and the neighboring L's have to downshift.

Bruce

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #4  
I suspect the BX had much more horsepower per pound.

My BX will fly up our hill in high range, and the neighboring L's have to downshift.

Bruce
Small wheels on a subcompact size BX are like lower gearing in a truck, relative to larger wheels on a compact tractor

Cab + A/C is a 600 pound burden on a moderately powered tractor.

Kioti CX2510 HST Cab quickly loses power and wants to stall on slight hills.
NORMAL

Last edited:
   / CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #5  
Yeah, you're rocking a tractor that is for all intents and purposes, obese. Walk it up the hill, don't run; use low range.

I've got a CK2610, and while it's open station it's an even larger machine, so it's got a similar power to weight ratio. I can do anything other than PTO work a higher horsepower machine will do, I'm just doing it slower. You're learning the limitations of your tractor.

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #6  
The CX2510 with cab, loader and loaded tires is close to 4000lbs. Your BX was less then 1/2 that.

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade
Thanks all, you confirmed what I thought but wanted to make sure not an engine-transmission problem.

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #8  
I have a CK2620SEH cab about the same hp and just a bit more weight, plus it has the 3 range hydro.
When I go up my driveway I can just put it in low range and drive up with the AC on, or I can put it in the mid range and work the heck out it and maybe even turn the AC off for a bit on the worst of the hill.
Also if you are trying to use the linked throttle (if it has it) which ties the engine throttle to the hydro foot pedal it will kill your hill climbing and hard pulling as you won't get all your engine power with the hydro pedal not pressed all the way. Unless you just shove the hand throttle to the stop and then work with the hydro pedal backing off on the pedal as the engine pulls down at max throttle.

/ CX2510 HST Cab Stalling in High Gear Going up Grade #9  
Same here. 2020 CX2510H. High is only good for flat ground.