D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i
Welcome to TBN

You should not have to remove the pulley to change the belt. There should be a belt guide that can be loosened and then the belt can be removed.

Can you post a wider view of the pulley and associated parts so we can get a better idea of the problem.

Richard
please look at my reply to Tinhack... look at photos & you can see my issue 👍😫

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i
Welcome to TBN

You should not have to remove the pulley to change the belt. There should be a belt guide that can be loosened and then the belt can be removed.

Can you post a wider view of the pulley and associated parts so we can get a better idea of the problem.

Richard
Here's a whole deck pic😎🤙
1B9892D3-BFE2-41EC-B01D-FA4054BB4A0D.jpeg

better?
1B9892D3-BFE2-41EC-B01D-FA4054BB4A0D.jpeg

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #13  
Does that top photo look as if the previous owner has cut a bit out of the pully, just enough to get the belt by, and then rewelded it back after changing a belt. Looks like there might be double bearings!!!!!

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #14  
Is there room for a short length of pipe that will fit over the thread, but small enough to go in the bearing, then a good solid flat bar over the top with a `G` cramp under the pully each end. Plenty of penetrating oil, cramps well tight, and a wack with a hammer.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #15  
Oh yeah, I forgot about those silly belt keeper things. Every time I've run across them I move them out of the way with a pry bar. They're supposed to keep a broken belt from flying across the yard or something like that. They don't touch the belt and don't have to be that close to perform the same function. As already mentioned, tweak them out of the way.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #17  
Look for an exploded view parts diagram.

I can't remember now exactly how my X300 deck is laid out, but it seems that once you loosen the bolt holding the sheave, you should be able to slide the belt keeper bracket back enough to release the belt. As I recall, the bracket is slotted just a bit and held by the same bolt.

But I have no idea if that's how your deck is set up.