D1850FD oil stick>?

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #1  

dimka54

Tractor
Mitsubishi D1850fd
just recently changed oil, last weekend, was running great etc. .. fast forward 4 days weather is nice, i am like lets take this baby for a spin grade some dirt etc, anyways about 20 minutes in the engine sputters and dies, went to check gas seems enough? then went to check oil level.. whoops the dipstick is gone anyways the question is would the engine stop running due to low level? i have no idea what its at right now due to no dipstick, also where can i find dipstick for my tractor seems to be pretty hard to find one? anyone have part number?

one more thing i am not sure whats the horsepower on this thing is, the engine cover says 18ps, and some sites list is as 18 hp and others as 23 hp?

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #2  
SG has a machine in salvage for parts. Calll them.

As for Hp. Japan measured things to JIS standards. Here we measure Hp by SAE standards. So yeah, your machine is about 23Hp. It's an approx as the power curve needs to be considered, but over all the saying is 10 or 15% high than the number on the engine plate.

/ D1850FD oil stick>?
SG has a machine in salvage for parts. Calll them.

As for Hp. Japan measured things to JIS standards. Here we measure Hp by SAE standards. So yeah, your machine is about 23Hp. It's an approx as the power curve needs to be considered, but over all the saying is 10 or 15% high than the number on the engine plate.
Thanks alot sir, couldn't get ahold anyone by phone sent an email. Also a little update did oil change just to be sure that it wasnt empty and got little under 4 quarts out, so it wasnr running dry, the problem turns out was a dirty fuel filter after I replaced that it started right away.

Also seems like the previous owner got rid of that filter bowl and use swapped it to universal inline filter, is there any major benefits of using oem style bowl vs a generic inline filter?

Attachments

• 20210423_133051.jpg
    20210423_133051.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
   / D1850FD oil stick>? #4  
Can you back trace your steps from when you changed the oil find it on the ground someplace or did it fall in the frame of the tractor?

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #5  
Also seems like the previous owner got rid of that filter bowl and use swapped it to universal inline filter, is there any major benefits of using oem style bowl vs a generic inline filter?
It's pretty easy to go (back) to a spin-on filter. Kits are available. Perhaps the previous owner thought the filter cartridges were too pricey. But many of the kits have a clear bottom to allow you to see water/sediment and drain it out. The filters last longer.

Don't know where you are but this is just a sample: Amazon Fuel Filter

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #6  
Thanks alot sir, couldn't get ahold anyone by phone sent an email. Also a little update did oil change just to be sure that it wasnt empty and got little under 4 quarts out, so it wasnr running dry, the problem turns out was a dirty fuel filter after I replaced that it started right away.

That's a basic gas engine fuel filter for 60s, 70s and early 80s vehicles. If you machine is diesel, it would be smart to switch it back. HOWEVER, your machine is a gray market Mitsubishi. Thus, the smart thing to do is, look at US domestic sold Mitsubishi-Satoh machines and see if you can convert over to them. As a heads up, pick one that is popular and will work with the engine size and power to your machine. Then it's simple. :)

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #7  
Looking at the OE filter for the D1850, it's really pricey and it's a full metal can. You wouldn't know it's dirty till the tractor wouldn't start. And the fuel filter is inline too.

/ D1850FD oil stick>?
Can you back trace your steps from when you changed the oil find it on the ground someplace or did it fall in the frame of the tractor?
i tried, my property its pretty small of about 5 acres and its basically open field no trees, but alot of grass, the main problem is did bunch of grading so there its pretty high chance it got burried when it fell off

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #9  
a cut to length universal automotive dip stick maybe. pull one out of your vehicle and see if its close.

/ D1850FD oil stick>? #10  
i tried, my property its pretty small of about 5 acres and its basically open field no trees, but alot of grass, the main problem is did bunch of grading so there its pretty high chance it got burried when it fell off
Yea bummer