Dad is taking the final journey

/ Dad is taking the final journey #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
Got word today that dad has taken a turn for the worse. They are putting him in Hospice at the VA.

He just turned 92. SMSgt USAF (ret). Originally from Missouri, family lost the farm in the 30s and grew up in Pueblo, CO. He served in both Korea and Viet Nam during wartime. After he retired the 1st time, he joined his BIL in buying out the owner of an IH dealership. It was 1973. After the economy and my uncle drove the business into the ground, dad worked for the Chamber and then took his GI Bill and graduated college at around 55. Taught HS and coached golf until he retired for good. Dad is the kind of guy that most people like. Unlike me, he's a charmer. He used to love fishing until another uncle (by marriage) passed. He's always been a voracious reader, but macular degeneration took what is left of his ability to read. His hearing has been bad for years from service related damage. I think there is no joy left for him and he is ready to go. If your dad is still around, give him a hug or a call. I guess we will be heading up north soon.

/ Dad is taking the final journey #4  
Sorry to hear Torvy, but sounds like he lived a good life. It's all you can ask for your parents.

My dad is declining quickly also. He had them turn his pacemaker/defib. off a couple weeks ago. Said he is ready to go and he is in pain constantly from his feet.

/ Dad is taking the final journey #6  
Today would have been my dad's 105th birthday. He died back in the early '90s forget exactly which one. He had prostate cancer, was bed ridden for about 6 months as I recall. He was only 71, but he had a good life. Died at home with my mom and God watching over him. The way my mom described it was beautiful, a very peaceful and moving death!
Torvy, may your father have a peaceful passing and may God give you and your family the strength to carry on, knowing dad is better off.

/ Dad is taking the final journey #9  
Sorry to hear. Talk to him, and mostly listen to him, while you still can. I never really talked to my father and now I can't. So don't let it get away from you.