Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
The fittings on the lift cylinder look like they were about to let loose, so after doing the 300 hr (actually 350hrs) I replaced 4 lines... Had to use vise grips to get a few of them, because the corrosion had worn away the flats for a wrench...

Some how everything went smooth... despite needing to run out for a 26 mm socket for the strainer hex above, So now I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.. the before pic got deleted accidently...oops

Attachments

• new lines.jpg
    new lines.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 274
   / Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #2  
Better to change out now than when old man winter howling. ;)

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #4  
What!!? Kubota doesn't install all stainless steel fittings on tractors destined for coastal areas?? I guess not.

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines
Found the "before" picture... fitting.jpg

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines
Looks more like you are running salt water as opposed to hydraulic oil in your system. My fittings here in Washington state look nothing like this.

Gregg IAFF 1352

10 yrs old, and the worse are the 2 at the base of the FEL lift arms. the other 6 couplings were not that bad, I was able to use a wrench on them, but started to round as they loosened... Obviously these needed vise grips.

Tractor sees a lot of snow removal, stored under cover in a quanset hut, with good air flow...

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #8  
Yah, I be worried about those fittings, too! I hope the rest of your tractor isn't rusting so badly!

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #9  
Are you running acid instead of hydraulic fluid? I have seen 40 year old hydraulic hoses that the hose covering is completely rotted away just leaving the belts of the hose, but the fittings are pristine or no more than very minor surface rust. I would say the fittings were junk, but then I noticed rust around the cylinder.

/ Dam# NH weather... Nasty hydraulic lines #10  
Scheduled wire brushing, acid application and then paint.