Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #1  

Fuddyduddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere
I just found out our favorite restaurant is closing Friday .
First place I took my wife to in 1972. Friday night all you can eat spaghetti. Back then $1.95...now $8.95, exact same recipe with buttered garlic bread, large salad.
Saltfish for breakfast sometimes.
Homemade desserts, Lemon meringue pie, chocolate cake, banana pudding, hot apple pie with cheese...$2.75.
Flounder...two large pieces best we've had as good as at the beach.
Owner is 90 now! Nicest people.
What a shame!
2023_08_28_20.32.51.jpg
2023_08_28_20.47.17.jpg
2023_08_28_20.33.32.jpg
2023_08_28_20.33.36.jpg
2023_08_28_20.33.43.jpg
2023_08_28_20.34.00.jpg

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(
Exactly. As time goes on those one of a kind small ones are disappearing. It's very much like good home cooked food! So many memories and like family...

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #5  
Yep… falling like Dominos here… highly rated and mom and pop makes no difference.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(
Buy it Fuddy????
Well...
retired 10 years and I know zip about the restaurant business!
There are two waitresses I think of that have been there for many years, either or both could run it. It's actually in a pretty decent house, converted to a restaurant years ago. Belongs to owner & wife. They or someone should buy it!
To me it seems nowadays not only do people not want to work there aren't as many entrepreneurs.
Owner lives in a really nice home, nice things...they've done well. I'm sure restaurant business could get stressful.
There are quite a few customers who eat there every day!

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #7  
Those the type of places I look for. Hate to see it close. We’ve had several like that close here also.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #8  
I've seen a lot of my favorite places close over the last 3 years; it's not fun.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #10  
Well...
retired 10 years and I know zip about the restaurant business!
There are two waitresses I think of that have been there for many years, either or both could run it. It's actually in a pretty decent house, converted to a restaurant years ago. Belongs to owner & wife. They or someone should buy it!
To me it seems nowadays not only do people not want to work there aren't as many entrepreneurs.
Owner lives in a really nice home, nice things...they've done well. I'm sure restaurant business could get stressful.
There are quite a few customers who eat there every day!
Not to demean you in any way Fuddy, but, today is seems like people always suggest that someone else' should step up to the plate and be proactive but not them. My comment is, again, buy it. I get that kind of comment on about every forum I frequent today. People want someone else to do something, but just not them. Kind of how this country is going too. Everyone wants someone else to take step up to the plate, but not them so the country is going down the dumper.