David Brown 885

/ David Brown 885 #1  

kennyl123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 2000
Hi all, Is it possible to do away with the differential lock on David Brown 885 and tractor would work without it. The reason is I can't get final drive shaft back in I have tried to get a tool made as per specs in my repair manual and local machine shops or either too busy or not interested in making me one. I never have used it anyway.

thanks in advance...................Kenny

/ David Brown 885
Is there anyone that has a tool to install differential lock for sale

/ David Brown 885 #3  
Have you tried to contact David Brown Tractor in Gt. Britain?

/ David Brown 885 #4  
Have you tried to contact David Brown Tractor in Gt. Britain?

Whatever is left of David Brown has nothing to do with the tractor business. J.I. Case bought the tractor business from David Brown in about 1975. That became part of CaseIH which in turn was acquired by New Holland. Today parts and service for David Brown tractors can be sourced through the CaseIH dealer network.

/ David Brown 885 #5  
A David Brown Tractor Club still exists. I would attempt to chase down a forum run by this club and attempt an answer from them.

/ David Brown 885 #7  
Glad you joined the discussion, Rick. Yesterdays tractors have some good info. Hope Kenny gets something from that post. My interest in this problem was triggered only by my lengthy residence in GB. (I still can't get the country out of my system) I didn't know that DB had sold but I started to look around for related info that I could pass on to Kenny123. I did come up with a tractor club and emailed him the address. I know if they get a contact from him they will do their best to give him the latest info they have available. I didn't post this info on this post because of my limited technical knowledge.