Dazed and confused!

/ Dazed and confused! #31  
I know this is an old thread but, I promised to return if I decided to modify my tractor. Well, after tons of research, I did and did so successfully.

I added a Turbo system to my L2501.

Mike

/ Dazed and confused! #32  
And, after logging many many hours on my property testing the Turbo system, I finally found and had the tractor tested on a PTO Dyno.

The Turbo Kit increased the power by 45% and has been performing exceptionally well since its installation.

Mike

/ Dazed and confused! #33  
This is awesome! Well done. How'd you go about tracking down the PTO dyno?

/ Dazed and confused! #34  
I"m assuming any respectable tractor dealer regardless of brand would have a PTO dyno to trouble shoot PTO problems or as an easy way to run a tractor under load for a while. My John deere dealer has one. It may not be fancy but they have a PTO shaft sticking out of the shop wall that I have seen a tractor hooked up to.

/ Dazed and confused! #35  
^^^^
Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case in my area. Yes, I eventually found one and it was located at a Dealership but, no dealership or tractor service facility in my immediate area had one available for customer testing. A couple did have them, but they are only available for diagnostic purposes.

I was able to find these guys by making lots of phone calls and traveling to several tractor service facilities, gathering gossip, until I got their number and gave them a call.

Now, this dealer will have an opportunity to earn my business for future tractor/implement purchases.

Mike

/ Dazed and confused! #36  
This is awesome! Well done. How'd you go about tracking down the PTO dyno?
Thank you!

Lots of phone calls, traveling to tractor service facilities and gathering gossip, lol

If you’re looking for the whole story, you can read it here;

Since I’m finally finished, I’ll be posting this thread on this forum soon.

Mike