Dead 1130

/ Dead 1130
Tractor started and ran a minute or so. The red wire w/ yellow stripe, (someone cut the original connector off, placed a solid red wire and connector on and electrical taped it. I had to go into the loom and verify the color). I didn't hook up is actual to the fuel shutoff solenoid. I used a jumper wire to the positive starter solenoid so I could yank it if things went wrong. Tractor started without starting fluid and ran about a minute and died. I found the hand throttle, it was frozen. WD-40 and a dead blow hammer had it working minutes later. I started 1/2 throttle. It ran a minute or so and died. Fuel shutoff solenoid was hot enough it was smoking and wire was also hot. Will have to o back down & pull fuel shutoff solenoid. The tractor is actually an 1140, 27 hp. Bad fuel shutoff solenoid tells ne that's why it died and wouldn't restart 9 years ago.

Last edited:
   / Dead 1130 #22  
Thank you for sharing the verdict. You are a good troubleshooter. Can’t fool a man on his own stuff

/ Dead 1130 #23  
If it’s a 3 wire solenoid, u might have straight wired the PULL IN wire.. that one only gets power for a few seconds to start the engine,
THEN it switches over to the other wire to “HOLD” the solenoid open..
(Black is ground)