dead g1900

/ dead g1900 #1  

highboy1975

Silver Member
my neighbor has a g1900 that died in his yard. he wants to work on it in his garage thats about 200feet away. he asked me to borrow my quad to drag the thing to his garage, but i told him that might not be a good idea since he cant find a hydro disconnect. is there ANY way to move this thing ? its freezing cold here and we dont have a realistic way of picking up the rear tires to move it, short of calling a towtruck.

/ dead g1900 #2  
I have a G1800 and I don't think towing a G1900 at slow speeds for only 200 ft would be a problem. However, I'll defer to those wiser than I.

/ dead g1900
dont worry, im not going to hold anybody responsible if anything happens. could we put the pedal in the forward position to allow the hydraulic hluid to flow?

/ dead g1900 #4  
I'm not famililiar with the g1900, but is there not a neutral select for the hydro? :confused:

/ dead g1900
well, theres no lever or anything on the transmission itself that i can find.

/ dead g1900 #7  
I am the original owner of a g1800. The machine can be easily and safely towed or pushed at slow speed. The few times my machine has died was due to blowing the 10 amp fuse in the fuse block, try replacing it and you might be able to drive your machine back to the garage.:)

/ dead g1900 #8  
We used old car hood once,just put rearend on hood slow tow.

/ dead g1900 #9  
If that is a conventional HST, with axial piston pump, you should not
push or tow it if the tranny is not disconnected from the wheels. You
might get away with a couple hundred feet with minimal damage, but
remember, there is no charge pump flow to lubricate the HST pump and
motor end plates.

What does Kubota say?

/ dead g1900
well, we hooked it up to the quad and drug it up the hill to his garage. i used low range and not a lot of throttle. took us about 20 min to go the 250ft.