Dead heading remote for a period of time

/ Dead heading remote for a period of time #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I have a few posts I need to pound with my Shaver. I previously converted the valve to power beyond and inserted it into the power beyond between the loader valve and 3-point on my Kubota, but I still have the closed center plug.

I'd like to attach it to a remote on the Kioti for simplicity. My second and third remotes are both detent. While I am not doing anything, it will be dead-headed for a few minutes. I never thought this would be a major issue (that's what the relief is for) but people in other threads seem concerned. Is it that big of an issue?

/ Dead heading remote for a period of time #2  
When the remote is in detent, it will act like power beyond, so hook it up as-is. The only issue you may see is that the 3 point probably won't work while the lever is in detent.

Aaron Z

/ Dead heading remote for a period of time
I am an idiot, of course!

Thank you!

(Yes, the 3 point won't work but I can deal with that, only have 4 posts to pound)

/ Dead heading remote for a period of time #4  
But to answer the other question... running it over relief is bad because it will generate a LOT of heat REALLY fast.... and it makes the pump work that much harder when it doesn't need to.

With the power beyond on the valve connected to the retract on the SVC, what happens if someone accidentally hits the SVC the wrong way?

Well, hooked it up the correct way right away... I had just put the SVC labels on after I found them sitting in my "Kioti Parts" bin, which really helps!

The oil fill cap on the back of the Kioti is the same as my Kubota was - I believe 1.25" NPT if I recall correctly. Not enough room on the Kioti for the cam-lock connector I used before, but I found a brass hose barb in my bin that worked perfect. Forgot I used 3/8" Ag connectors on the Kubota power beyond, plugged one in and made a mess. They look nearly identical to 1/2" connectors. Luckily I had two spares. Pounding posts like a boss now! The ground is quite moist right now and it's a perfect time to get these in.

Thanks folks! Still curious what will happen if I accidentally reverse the SVC. I might put a check valve on the power beyond side.