Deadly drunken tractor ride

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #2  
*"“Due to the level of intoxication” in Hernandez, he was “unable to stop” the tractor before the right-rear tire ran over the victim, the CHP said." My ***. In high range on the road I probably couldn't stop my tractor fast enough to avoid something that fell out of my bucket stone cold sober. And I have a HST.

No excuse for driving drunk though, might have been smart enough to not put somebody in the bucket at road speed. Bucket rides at slow speed can be enough for the safety police up in arms (sometimes rightly so, sometimes not).

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #3  
wow...thats in my hometown. just a few miles away...

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #4  
*"“Due to the level of intoxication” in Hernandez, he was “unable to stop” the tractor before the right-rear tire ran over the victim, the CHP said." My ***. In high range on the road I probably couldn't stop my tractor fast enough to avoid something that fell out of my bucket stone cold sober. And I have a HST.

No excuse for driving drunk though, might have been smart enough to not put somebody in the bucket at road speed. Bucket rides at slow speed can be enough for the safety police up in arms (sometimes rightly so, sometimes not).

They must have edited their website because that's nowhere to be found when I opened the link.

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #5  
"Hernandez — described in the CHP report as “under the influence of an alcoholic beverage — was unable to stop the tractor before the right rear tire ran over the victim."

... is what it says currently.

I would expect the driver to face some serious charges.
One of the 'comments' under the article is revealing. Apparently, the driver was the Supervisor of the men and they were returning to the base after working since early morning in heat.

Sad for the families of all concerned.

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #6  
Indeed a shame. :(

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #7  
Don't want to defend drunk driving, but it's always seemed unjust to me when an accident that happens to a sober person (never mind if they were stupid or distracted) is called an accident, yet the same incident that happens to someone that register .08 BAC or greater is not.

Example: An old lady pulls out in front of another vehicle that can't stop, get's t-boned and killed.
If other driver is sober, it's just an accident, he's a victim, and he gets a sympathetic "There's nothing you could of done. So sorry this had to happen to you." But if other driver is .08 BAC, he a murderer who goes to jail for 20 years.

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #8  
The linked story says accident, or incident if you will, occurred on a private driveway.
Do motor vehicle laws extend onto your driveway, private property?

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #9  
Don't want to defend drunk driving, but it's always seemed unjust to me when an accident that happens to a sober person (never mind if they were stupid or distracted) is called an accident, yet the same incident that happens to someone that register .08 BAC or greater is not.

Example: An old lady pulls out in front of another vehicle that can't stop, get's t-boned and killed.
If other driver is sober, it's just an accident, he's a victim, and he gets a sympathetic "There's nothing you could of done. So sorry this had to happen to you." But if other driver is .08 BAC, he a murderer who goes to jail for 20 years.
Actually, they've put folks in jail for years due to doing stupid stuff while sober.

/ Deadly drunken tractor ride #10  
The linked story says accident, or incident if you will, occurred on a private driveway.
Do motor vehicle laws extend onto your driveway, private property?

The Police in Ohio, have informed me that certain motor vehicle violations, such as reckless driving, (the category this falls under), can be cited on private property.

The purpose is to help affix responsibility, for the purpose of litigation, after an accident, property damage, or injury.