Dealer Cop Out?

/ Dealer Cop Out? #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
My Quick-Attach hitch finally came in last week so I went picked it up along with my NH Quick-Attach HD 60" bucket and my 48" Quick-Attach pallet forks. When I went to install the QA hitch on my NH 7308 loader I couldn't believe the amount of play. There is an extra 1" where the loader arm mounts and an extra 1 3/4" where the hydraulic arm mounts. I called my dealer this morning and he said that the QA hitch is universal so that it will fit a variety of loaders. I told him I was concerned with the amount of play but he said not to worry about it. I pressed him further and he said that I could make some spacers out of black pipe if it would make me feel better.

Is this a cop out? I sure think so, I understand that the hitch is a universal fit but I can't believe it doesn't come with spacers. I guess I feel that the dealership should come up with the correct spacers.

I've attached a photo showing the amount of play. Would you feel comforatble running your loader like this? I did use it for a couple of hours last night and there didn't seem to be any problems but I plan on correcting the issue as soon as possible.

By the way the Quick-Attach system is wonderful, well worth the extra price I had to pay. Switching from bucket to forks is a piece of cake. It takes literally 90 seconds to drop the forks, move the loader over the the bucket, and lock the bucket in. All that on completely unlevel terrain. I have lost about 5 degrees on my rollback angle (bummer). This is because the NH QA bucket is for a 16LA loader which is different from the 7308. The dealer was nice enough to give me the loader as soon as I bought it with a brand new NH standard duty bucket so that I would have something to use while I waited for the QA.

Spence

Attachments

• 5-104282-QuickAttach.jpg
    5-104282-QuickAttach.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 109
   / Dealer Cop Out? #2  
My bucket has at least that much space showing. I never had a problem with it. Only thing you got to do is grease it a little more often.

/ Dealer Cop Out? #3  
I've seen where some have used hard plastic also brass for spacers,and both have held up well.
I would think being that sloppy it might put pressure on the piston eyes and maybe hair crack might start.

/ Dealer Cop Out? #4  
I had a similar spacing issue with my front forks - they too were a universal mount. I went and bought a box of BIG washers and have a few on each side to take up the slack. If I ever have nothing else to do I will drill and tap a flathead screw through them so they stay as a group but they seem to work just fine.

/ Dealer Cop Out? #5  
Spence,
I see what you mean. I wouldn't like that much spacing in there, either. Just allows dirt and debris to get in there and cause excessive wear. I would get some bronze bushing of some sort and space that out. Just my humble opion.

/ Dealer Cop Out? #6  
spencer, I love the idea, but I wouldnt accept that design either. I would be afraid it would wobble out quickly from too much dirt and use.I wonder if thick PVC would do the trick,I have used it on a backhoe bucket in the same way and I am shocked it is still doing its job, without much wear I might add!

/ Dealer Cop Out? #7  
<font color=blue>he said that I could make some spacers out of black pipe</font color=blue>

I would strongly suggest not using black pipe. Instead use Cat1 to Cat2 toplink bushings. They are hard but smooth and are made to the correct inner diameter of the pins. If they are too wide simply cut and polish one side.