Dealer Fees

/ Dealer Fees #21  
Well Kioti and Bobcat are basically the same tractor from what I'm told I just didn't like the way they mount the Backhoe on the Kioti. They both fall under Doosan name. Very familiar with Doosan on the forklift side.
From what I'm told, they are exactly the same *tractor*, but different loader and attachments and, I think, wheels (not sure on that one).

Service parts are rebadged Kioti:

/ Dealer Fees
Yes I believe they are BUT not sure why they have different Backhoe mounting the Kioti loses a lot of ground clearance and has a long frame that goes under the tractor that comes off with it way different than the Bobcat.

/ Dealer Fees #23  
They are made by different companies so.. Not sure if there's a 'universal hookup' for backhoes.

/ Dealer Fees #24  
So the tractor is $22,184, but the assembled tractor is an additional $415?
What do you get if you waive this fee, a dozen crates of tractor parts?
I guess, something like this
20150617_110548.jpg

20210322_111011.jpg

20210514_111831.jpg

bucket, tires, optional equipment in extra boxes. Assembly instructions extra???

/ Dealer Fees #25  
I believe in State of Washington, rebates are considered a taxable service item and that's why the implement rebate is listed post tax on the quote. Additionally, it's really nice to see a dealership this transparent, showing all it's fees upfront before placing any order. No surprises.

Make sure Kubota and Kioti don't have hidden fees. Personally, I don't see the benefit of purchasing a Bobcat tractor over an OEM Kioti or Kubota tractor, except that Bobcat service departments typically have specialized experts in hydraulics due to their high volume skidsteer business.

My local Bobcat dealer has had the exact same tractor inventory in his yard for last 8 months, and has not sold a single tractor. Yet he has seen over a 300% increase in skidsteer and construction equipment sales. What that tells me is he will deliberately prioritize skidsteers over tractors in both his sales and service department.
Correct 100% In Washington a rebate is considered earned income so it’s taxable. Nothing shady there.

/ Dealer Fees #26  
Robert,

Bobcat of Seattle huh? In Auburn?

Who you dealing with, Logan or someone else???

I wanted to buy from them, but saving 3k in taxes and fees going to Oregon.

/ Dealer Fees #27  
Robert,

Bobcat of Seattle huh? In Auburn?

Who you dealing with, Logan or someone else???

I wanted to buy from them, but saving 3k in taxes and fees going to Oregon.
That's common, Washington folks crossing the Columbia river to avoid sales tax. I don't blame you. Right before I escaped, some gal that owned a string of mattress outlets, in Oregon, got popped for selling most of her inventory to Washington residents to assist them in avoiding Oregon sales tax. That's illegal.

Whenever i bought something in Washington I had to prove I was an Oregon resident to avoid the sales tax.

I smell a national VAT in out future?

/ Dealer Fees #28  
Yeah, for the most part we can only do it for small purchases, we can't do it anymore with cars and stuff large.

The DMV charges us the sales tax now when we register.

With the tractor they're only letting me do it without sales tax cause I'm using outside financing, so to them it's like a cash deal.

/ Dealer Fees #29  
That's common, Washington folks crossing the Columbia river to avoid sales tax. I don't blame you. Right before I escaped, some gal that owned a string of mattress outlets, in Oregon, got popped for selling most of her inventory to Washington residents to assist them in avoiding Oregon sales tax. That's illegal.

Whenever i bought something in Washington I had to prove I was an Oregon resident to avoid the sales tax.

I smell a national VAT in out future?

I thought use taxes were designed to prevent such “savings” on taxes. Doesn’t Washington have use taxes?

Seems a state that taxes your rebates would have strictly enforced use taxes!

MoKelly