Dealer Pricing

/ Dealer Pricing #11  
In todays age I think its just important to shop the dealer not just the deal. Service is important along with a good parts department. I many times will ask to see the service manager or parts manager before I even ask the saleman for a price. Settle on a brand maybe Bobcat or Kioti and find a dealer hopefully close by and shop the model you want and can deff afford. Dont look at a model you cant even afford at MSRP. If you can afford MSRP on a certain model then ask the saleman for his best price up front and let him no you are a buyer!!! And most times you will end up somewhere in the middle where you get a fair deal and he makes some money to maintain profitability so all his departments including service have the ability to take care of their customers. If they appreciate your business you will know right away.

Good luck and most importantly have fun!!!

/ Dealer Pricing #12  
THE ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT IN THE COMPACT TRACTORS THERE IS NO MARKUP. THAT IS ONE REASON THAT YOU PROBABLY WILL NOT SEE MUCH OF A DISCOUNT. DEALERS MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF OF EACH UNIT, IT IS THE MANUFACTORS THAT DECIDE WHAT INCINTIVES YOU WILL GET.

6 months ago a Bobcat CT122 was 14K with loader, now some dealers it is 10K with loader, but other dealers it is 13K.
So there is "some" markup some where?

Slack

/ Dealer Pricing
First off, thanks for the responses. I got a nice invitation from a dealer today to visit them. They said they can do better than MSRP. I got a quote from a Bobcat dealer today. Unfortunately, he didn't listen to me when I said my needs were a 20~25 HP machine and he quoted me a 27HP one. This whole experience is certainly an adventure. Forums like this are healthy as well as informative to making decisions which one is right for me. Keep on posting because there is no such thing as too much information.

/ Dealer Pricing #14  
Depending on what that 27 HP machine was it probably is equivalent to a not too old 25 HP machine. Emission requirements caused quite a few machine builders to bump HP to overcome restrictions.

BTW, good luck, shopping is almost as fun as running them!

/ Dealer Pricing #15  
I've been shopping several dealers over the last month, all within 55 miles of my home. I've noticed the further away dealers usually have the best price.
Here's what I've asked of the salesman:

I need a tractor with a FEL that will pull a bush hog through grass and weeds (no trees except sprouts) that has grown from March 1st to July 15th. I have 18 acres planted in hardwoods in a program that is part of a wildlife habitat protection deal. I can't cut the 18 acres until mid to late July (the nesting season for birds in our area) and the tractor has to be small enough to turn around at the end of the rows of trees. The trees are on a 12' spacing, more or less. I plan on using my Rhino 172 six feet cutter. The manual for the cutter says it needs 35 HP at the PTO. What's your best price out the door on whatever tractor will do this work.

Here's what I've got from the salesman:

JD 3038E = $16,830

JD 4105 = $21,522

JD 3720 = $25,600

Kioti 35 = $18,180 (forgot the letter designation of the Kioti tractors)

Kioti 45 = $24,234

Kubota L3400 = $18,174

Kubota D4240 = $22,350 (not sure of this letter designation)

Kubota MX5100 = $23,300

MF 2615 = $27, 400

Some of these tractors don't have 35 PTO HP but the salesman said would do the job. I'm narrowing down my choices and will start serious negoiations this week. I'll let you know when I have my best price.

Last edited:
   / Dealer Pricing #16  
I don't know if you guys have looked into bobcat or not but they have some GREAT deals going on right now. I personally just bough a CT230 (30hp) and with the rebates and free front end loader and the dealer discount saved $9k.

I pick it up this Friday so I haven't used it yet but that is a heck of a deal for a tractor that size. At least based on the previous brands/models I was looking at. My final quote for the deluxe model with mid pto, bob tach FEL and rear remotes was $12k + tax. Not bad at all if you ask me.

/ Dealer Pricing #17  
I've been shopping several dealers over the last month, all within 55 miles of my home. I've noticed the further away dealers usually have the best price.
Here's what I've asked of the salesman:

I need a tractor with a FEL that will pull a bush hog through grass and weeds (no trees except sprouts) that has grown from March 1st to July 15th. I have 18 acres planted in hardwoods in a program that is part of a wildlife habitat protection deal. I can't cut the 18 acres until mid to late July (the nesting season for birds in our area) and the tractor has to be small enough to turn around at the end of the rows of trees. The trees are on a 12' spacing, more or less. I plan on using my Rhino 172 six feet cutter. The manual for the cutter says it needs 35 HP at the PTO. What's your best price out the door on whatever tractor will do this work.

Here's what I've got from the salesman:

JD 3038E = $16,830

JD 4105 = $21,522

JD 3720 = $25,600

Kioti 35 = $18,180 (forgot the letter designation of the Kioti tractors)

Kioti 45 = $24,234

Kubota L3400 = $18,174

Kubota D4240 = $22,350 (not sure of this letter designation)

Kubota MX5100 = $23,300

MF 2615 = $27, 400

Some of these tractors don't have 35 PTO HP but the salesman said would do the job. I'm narrowing down my choices and will start serious negoiations this week. I'll let you know when I have my best price.

my 28 PTO HP Mahindra 3510 pulls my 6' KK mower without any problems.

/ Dealer Pricing #18  
Hi Wildmikey,
There's a southern PA dealer that will give between 15 and 16 percent discount, from the Kubota build it now price, on the small BX series tractors. I have found as much as 19 percent discount, from the build it now price, on the small BX series tractors from some of the internet advertisers on this forum.

RTJ49

/ Dealer Pricing #19  
First off, thanks for the responses. I got a nice invitation from a dealer today to visit them. They said they can do better than MSRP. I got a quote from a Bobcat dealer today. Unfortunately, he didn't listen to me when I said my needs were a 20~25 HP machine and he quoted me a 27HP one. This whole experience is certainly an adventure. Forums like this are healthy as well as informative to making decisions which one is right for me. Keep on posting because there is no such thing as too much information.
2 HP on a tractor is really splitting hairs.

/ Dealer Pricing #20  
The BobCat dealer may have quoted the 27 HP beacause now they have free FEL and $3500 off on 25 HP and up. The CT 122 is FEL and $1500 off. I recently purchased the CT 122 and I am very satisfied with its capabilities.