Debit vs. Credit Cards

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #141  
I think your good times regarding cash back are about to end...
The govt should just stay the hell out of if. If others want to carry a balance and pay 18% interest....and I can claim my 2-3%....no harm no foul.

Let the govt get involved and they will royally screw every party involved. And everyone will suffer.

This isn't the govt job. This is the fundament issue with this economy....the govt always wanting to stick their nose where it don't belong rather than let the free market run its course.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #142  
What lawmakers in all countries and of all political persuasions seem to forget is that businesses cannot simply eat losses. Ultimately, all business expenses are paid by customers, employees, and shareholders.
Yep! In before the thread lock. 🥹🥹

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #143  
For those looking for a good reward card, this is my recommendation, especially if you travel a lot.

As cashback cards go, The Chase Freedom Unlimited is as good as it gets. It has no annual fee, 6.5% cashback on travel, 4.5% on dining and drug stores, and 3% back on anything else. Its intro bonus comes in the form of an extra 1.5% on top of anything you buy for the first year up to $20,000, potentially $300 extra. And no fees.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #145  
For those looking for a good reward card, this is my recommendation, especially if you travel a lot.

As cashback cards go, The Chase Freedom Unlimited is as good as it gets. It has no annual fee, 6.5% cashback on travel, 4.5% on dining and drug stores, and 3% back on anything else. Its intro bonus comes in the form of an extra 1.5% on top of anything you buy for the first year up to $20,000, potentially $300 extra. And no fees.
That’s probably better than the new Wells Fargo card that gives 2% back on everything and has no fee.

I'm not in the market for a new card but if I was that would be attractive.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #146  
If I ever wanted a large ticket item I just saved the money to do it, cars, utv, or whatever, it sure taught me that patience pays off.

We dont play the credit card games or pursue a higher credit score, if we dont have the money, we simply dont buy it.
Call me old fashioned, but it works for us and I sleep real good at night

My stepfather told me when I was 14 that there was nothing worse than being old and broke and it stuck with me all those years.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #149  

Don't know if their offers are regional or what....

But I click the link and it says 1.5% on everything.

5% travel and 3% dining and groceries excluding Walmart. Which is alot of our groceries...

I used to use the chase unlimited freedom card. Still have it actually. But switched to the fidelity 2% card

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #150  
When I bought my tractor they had a 0% "deal" going. I asked this question, what is the price if I bring in a bank check? They said same price. Great sign me up for the 0% financing. My investments can keep earning a return and you will get a few bucks a month from me. Seems like a silly idea, but what do I know.
There are deals with financing to move product.

That said, the dealer could be banking any charged up front fee on their end if you pay cash. Key to figure it out would be to find the exact same product at another dealer to see what they would charge you for cash.

End of the day, this the reason why I only pay cash for used cars (to limit the variables in the sell price).