Debris forks - problems solved

/ Debris forks - problems solved #1  

psyched123

Tractor
Branson 3820i
One of the most useful attachments you can have for your tractor are debris forks. I find that I use them so often (almost everyday) that I rarely take them off my bucket.

Nothing hauls logs, brush or just about anything else that won't fit it a bucket like a set of forks. When you're out cutting downed trees, just slide the forks under the trunk and lift it up for an easy cut with the chainsaw.

When a delivery truck pulls up to the ranch with something on a pallet, I run out there with my debris forks. They slide into the pallet fine and lift and remove the freight. Also, they become a great lift when you need to sharpen the blades of your riding mower or work on the breaks of your go kart.

One big problem using them for brush is that most of these forks attach to the bucket with clamps. The handles of the clamp reside in the bucket and continually catch on brush that you're trying to dump. Also, if the brush manages to get by the clamps in bucket, they hang on the handle and loosen the clamp. Pretty quickly your forks are loose and falling off the end of your bucket.

To solve this problem in hauling brush, the bucket must be clear. Attach a chain to the bottom of the clamp and run it back and over the bucket. Attach the hook of a chain lever binder to the top of the clamp to tighten the forks onto the bucket lip. Because the chain won't give and therefore let you tighten it, I've found putting a piece of 2" PVC pipe does the trick. The pipe supplies the required give and is plenty tough to handle the upcoming punishment.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 911
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 796
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
   / Debris forks - problems solved #2  
Ive thought about making some myself... You dont have to sell me on the usefulness, you're preaching to the choir!

/ Debris forks - problems solved #3  
Ive thought about making some myself... You dont have to sell me on the usefulness, you're preaching to the choir!

Until you get a grapple....

BTW, I like your brush guard OP. (and I'm not being snarkey)

/ Debris forks - problems solved #4  
Yep, very handy. I remove the bucket to use mine. Made from succor rod and couplers:

P8110016.JPG

P9050004.JPG

P9050010.JPG

P9050018.JPG

P9050027.JPG

P9050034.JPG

/ Debris forks - problems solved #5  
What's a succor rod?

/ Debris forks - problems solved #7  
'Sucker rod' is rod used in oil well applications, has threaded ends, goes inside well casing, moved up and down by the pump jack, 'sucks' the oil up the well.

/ Debris forks - problems solved #8  
Lol, luke.
Thanks Greg. Not much oil drilling around here.

/ Debris forks - problems solved #9  
20161019_095006.jpg

Made mine from 1 1/2", 1/4" wall, square tube. Bucket guard is just 1" sq tube, going to add expanded metal later. Works great for most of the stuff I pick up w/my Branson 2400h